is BTRFS a solid/reliable choice for array disks?

JustinChase

I had formatted my cache disk with btrfs way back when it first became an option.  it seemed to work fine, until one day when my cache showed as unavailable, and I ended up having to reformat the drive, and lost all the data from the cache disk.

I figured btrfs just wasn't quite ready for prime time, and ended up formatting all my array drives and my cache drive to xfs.  I've not had any issues since.

however, I still think btrfs has potential advantages over xfs in ability to recover data (from the little reading I've done), so i was just wondering if anyone is using btrfs on array drives, and what opinions folks may have about doing so.

thanks for any feedback.

100% xfs. Love it! The only btrfs I have is the docker loopback which you have no choice but use btrfs.

I prefer "production proven" to "up and coming". Let btrfs arrive and grow a few gray hairs, then I will consider it. :)

100% xfs. Love it! The only btrfs I have is the docker loopback which you have no choice but use btrfs.

I prefer "production proven" to "up and coming". Let btrfs arrive and grow a few gray hairs, then I will consider it. :)

Much the same here.  Having been bitten by the rfs bug during the V6 beta cycle, I moved entirely to xfs quite early on.  I have no regrets.  I have had a need to use the xfs recovery tools on a desktop system and had no problems.

Archived