Moving docker to the cache drive

Hi I am very very new to the unRAID server scene, all I have is one drive up and running (not even a parity drive yet) with one docker (owncloud). This is working brill but I have just installed a SSD cache drive and I want to move the docker to the cache so the other drive is not spinning all the time. Being new I don't know how to do it. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanx

Create an appdata user share and set it to Use cache disk: Only

Stop the docker

Move /mnt/disk1/owncloud to /mnt/cache/appdata/owncloud

Edit the docker to change the mapping to use /mnt/cache/appdata/owncloud instead of /mnt/disk1/owncloud.

Save and the docker will restart with the new mapping

In the Unraid WebUI, go into shares tab, then select the sub-tab "user shares", then at the bottom, you have the "add Share" button.  Now, click on it and then choose the name appdata and select "Cache Only" in the dropdown selector for "Use cache disk".

After that, you can do the move of the owncloud folder.  Don't forget to stop the docker BEFORE.

• Upvote 1

Hello ppl you have been great so far and I know I am all but there  it's just the last bit I am not sure about is the "Move /mnt/disk1/owncloud to /mnt/cache/appdata/owncloud" bit where is this I can't find it anywhere surely someone can help me with this?

I know it appears frustrating when you do not get an immediate response when your eager to get it done. You might want to have a bit of patience. As a noobie and still floundering at times I have waited and waited but someone always comes through.

So without much MC or command line expertize I would do the move this way.

Use Windows Explorer. Go to /disk1/owncloud and copy the contents not the folder of the owncloud file.

Now go to the cache/appdata/owncloud and paste only the contents of the old owncloud folder into the new owncloud file under appdata.

Don't forget to stop the docker first. That should handle the move.

If it works and you have already changed the mappings you can delete the owncloud folder from disk 1

Thanx thestewman for your reply, but as I said at the beginning I totally new at this so (go to /disk1/owncloud using windows explorer) is not something I know how to do. So as you can see I am struggling.

Are you using Windows? If so, can you see your server in Windows Explorer? If so, can you see the disks or can you only see your user shares?

Yes I am using Windows, and if I "//tower" in a tab I get the unRAID wed interface.

Are you using Internet Explorer or Windows Explorer when you "//tower in a tab"? Sounds like you are using a web browser. You must use Windows Explorer, the Windows application that allows you to browse the files on your PC. It will also let you browse files on the network. Instead of //tower, you should be trying to go to \\tower in Windows Explorer (note difference between / and \).

If you can telnet or login to the unRAID console it might be even easier to sort this out since it might take several steps to set unRAID up so you can even see its disks in Windows Explorer. I think the latest versions only let you see user shares by default.

Do you have a keyboard and monitor attached to unRAID?

The Noobie Uncomplicated Method.

Might be confusing as Windows Explorer is now called File Explorer and we are not using Internet Explorer.

If using Windows 8 you can find File Explorer under Start, All Programs, Windows System. Under Windows 7 go to Start, All Programs, Accessories and you will find Windows Explorer.

Open Explorer( remember not Internet Explorer). Left click on Network, Tower, Disk 1. It may take a minute for the drive to start.

Below is what you should be seeing after you open Network, then Tower, etc.

Yours will say owncloud where mine says LogitechMedia Server.

Go to disk1 and left click

Then right click on owncloud. Highlight copy and left click on copy

Then go to cache and left click

Then right click on appdata and left click on paste

It may ask you are you sure you want to replace owncloud as the folder already exists say yes

Just make sure you only have one owncloud folder under appdata

Let us know

Network.JPG.6d0f05809b7eccb823b324f79c8fc3c4.JPG

• Like 1