Force max share size?

JSGrewal

So I am having an issue with assigning storage to some IP cameras. Evidently there is a defect in their firmware that only lets them see 200G ( some places say 250g) before they go stupid. When initially assigning them a share for storage space, they initialize fine ( and see all avail space in my Unraid box- over 1TB) but lose that initialization after a few minutes. Other forums show people have similar issues unless they limit the partitions to 200g ( 250g?) or less per camera. Is there a way to assign a max space for a share in unraid? I dont want to make a new box with some other flavor software on it, I like Unraid... Only thing I can think of is using 200g drives for each camera, but it seems like such a waste of capacity in the overall Unraid box.

I have the plus license on V6 if it matters.

Thanks!

Perhaps you could do something similar to unraid's docker implementation. Create a 200GB file for each camera, mount it as a drive, format it, share it via unassigned devices. It could live on the protected array, but you would need to script something to manage the files if you wanted to archive them to a normal array share.

Archived