Plex Freezing/stopping every 10-20mins | network drop (not a docker issue?)

Hi Guys,

Crazy, that is what unraid is driving me at the moment! I have been experiencing some issues for a little while now and I'm at the point I need to put my hand up and ask for some help :)

I've posted in the general support forum as my issue isn't docker specific as I have tried multiple containers and had the same issue.

I've been using unRAID v6 since beta 6 and have upgraded along the way, in particular I'm using Plex, originally in a VM but switched to docker containers when they were made available.

Currently I stream my video content via Plex to my Xbox One, Playstation 3, Apple TV (via iPad/iPhone), Chrome Cast (iPad/iPhone) and in the Browser on my computer (Win 10 Chrome) - not at the same time of course. I've been trying to work out if the issue is device specific or across all. Unfortunately on every device I have the same issue, approximately 10-20 minutes in the video playback will freeze, sometimes temporarily, other times it will drop the connection and say unable to contact the plex server (xbox), or the computer isn't powerful enough for the stream (browser) which is odd given it is an 8 Core AMD with 8GB of RAM.

This led me to be reinstall the Plex docker (needo's) multiple time and try alternatives, I've just switched to the linuxserver.io plex container however I'm having the same issue, this led me to think it might be a network/hardware related problem so I replaced network cabling, the gigabit switch, even directly connected the server to the router, same issues.

This hopefully should narrow the issue down to a O/S issue or a faulty network port on the motherboard. I still think it is a software issue and would like to explore this before replacing the motherboard.

Has anyone come across this or know where I should start troubleshooting?

Appreciate any help

v