coolmaster 590 case mod required

outsider

I've got a Coolmaster 590 case that I've been using for a while, and I just recently bought a 5 in 3 drive cage (the SuperMicro one recommended in the wiki)

There is a problem though.

The drive rack does not fin in the case. The rack in the case has these metal tabs folded down (to guide and support individual units /CDROMs in the rack).

These folded down tabs are interfering with the drive rack, which needs the full width to fit in.

Have any of you flattened those tabs? What's the most effective way to do that?

I just flattened mine out. I started with a pair of pliers that allowed me get it started. I then uses a small hammer to flatten them out.

Im glad I did that instead of a dremel or a nibbler because now I plan on buying a Norco case and using this case for something else.  I will probably then sell my 5-in-3.

I've got a Coolmaster 590 case that I've been using for a while, and I just recently bought a 5 in 3 drive cage (the SuperMicro one recommended in the wiki)

There is a problem though.

The drive rack does not fin in the case. The rack in the case has these metal tabs folded down (to guide and support individual units /CDROMs in the rack).

These folded down tabs are interfering with the drive rack, which needs the full width to fit in.

Have any of you flattened those tabs? What's the most effective way to do that?

As per other suggestions I assaulted them with a pair of pliers, screwdrivers and generally anything that came to hand. It wasn't pretty but the cages are in now ;)

I might investigate that nibbler though looks useful!

Archived