[SOLVED] Parity Status: Data is invalid

fysmd

OK so I'm runniing 6.0.1 and all has been very well (on various versions) for years but I was in the process of adding an addition (1TB) Drive, changed my mind (noticed smart errors).

I did get as far as allocating the disk, then noticed the errors so I never formatted or added the drive.

I've removed the drive but now the array shows a missing device (despite it never having been fully added).

As there was no data on it, how can I now remove the allocation (drive13).  I have no option to allow me to test or rebuild parity

server-diagnostics-20150831-1616.zip

OK so I'm runniing 6.0.1 and all has been very well (on various versions) for years but I was in the process of adding an addition (1TB) Drive, changed my mind (noticed smart errors).

I did get as far as allocating the disk, then noticed the errors so I never formatted or added the drive.

I've removed the drive but now the array shows a missing device (despite it never having been fully added).

As there was no data on it, how can I now remove the allocation (drive13).  I have no option to allow me to test or rebuild parity

Tools - New Config

You will have to reassign all of your drives except the one you want to remove. Then when you start it will rebuild parity. Make VERY sure you don't assign a data disk to the parity slot.