Mover and Log Issues

JimPhreak

1)  My the unRAID webGUI is showing that my mover is running howerver no files are being moved and nothing is showing in the logs related to the mover.  I'd like to kick off a manual move but can't do so because the Move Now button is grayed out since it thinks the mover is running.

2)My unRAID system time is different from the time displayed in my logs.  It looks like they are off by roughly 6 hours as you can see from the below pics.

Now I'm running unRAID inside a VM on ESXi 5.5 and I have the VMware Tools plugin installed and the Time Sync option checked so that my unRAID system time syncs with my ESXi host and that appears to be working.  But the log is off.

Is this a known issue?

TimeSetting_zpstepceivn.jpg

LogTime_zpsxxios4dx.jpg

Syslog is always UTC time.

What seems odd is that your timezone should technically be UTC -4, as DaylightSavingsTime is in effect, (+1 hour due to DaylightSavingsTime). Though as most systems handle it, they use the non DST offset of -5, then adjusts for DST.

I would expect your syslog time to actually be showing 21:41:36 instead of 11:41:36.

http://www.whattimeisit.com/

Universal Time Zone

UTC (UTC) 9/17/15 10:04 PM

United States

US/Pacific Time (UTC-7) 9/17/15 03:04 PM

US/Mountain Time (UTC-6) 9/17/15 04:04 PM

US/Central Time (UTC-5) 9/17/15 05:04 PM

US/Eastern Time (UTC-4) 9/17/15 06:04 PM

Syslog is always UTC time.

Mine isn't.

So the question is...why would mine be?  Hmmmmmm.

Also, with regard to my mover issue I just noticed I can't even manually take my array down.  It won't let me check off the box to stop the array I'm assuming because it thinks the mover is running.  On the Dashboard page it shows my log file at 100% full and there are no entries in the log for the past 50 minutes (since the above screen shot I took).

Log100_zpssa34xmor.jpg

Archived