Cache drive access through Windows

PhilDG

I have just upgraded to v6.1.2 from v5 and it all looks great - I haven't got all the plugins installed as dockers but one thing at a time right?

The only thing I can't seem to do right now is access the cache drive through Windows - do I need to set-up a share to do this? Doesn't sound right to me so I haven't tried this. I could browse the cache drive fine through v5 and I can see all of the other drives in Windows - flash, and all of the shares. The cache drive is green and looks fine on the console and when I putty into the server it's there and I can access it just fine. Any ideas?

Thanks for your reply - I don't know that is the answer I want as I don't want the individual drives exposed as shares. Under unraid 5, I could browse to the cache drive and under 6 I can't

Once you have given yourself the option to have the disks visible as shares under the Gobal Share settings then you are effectively in the same position as v5 which always started with all disks visible as shares.  You can now configure for each one individually whether it should be available as a share, whether it should be a hidden share, and also what security should be applied.

Archived