Changed Split Level - How to Move Files/Folders?

Carl314

I have a share (Media), with the following subfolder structure: Movies A-L\MovieFolder\MovieTitle.mkv

I just realized that I've had the wrong split level (3 instead of 2) since creating the share, resulting in individual movie folders being spread among all of my disks instead of each movie folder being on just one disk.

Now that I've change the share split level to 2, is there a graceful way to apply it to existing movie folders, so they are consolidated with each movie folder being on just one drive?

I'm using v6.0.

Cheers, Carl.

BRiT,

I looked into unBalance - seems like a great solution for clearing a drive before updating or reformatting to XFS.

But I'm not seeing how it would help consolidate parts of a folder spread among several drives.  Here's an illustration of what I face:

Disk 1: Avatar (2009)/Avatar (2009).mkv

Avatar (2009)/Avatar (2009)-poster.jpg

Disk 2: Avatar (2009)/Avatar (2013)-fanart.jpg

Disk 3: Avatar (2009)/Avatar (2009)-trailer.jpg

In this instance, I'd be looking to move the Avatar folders on disks 2 and 3 into the Avatar folder on disk 1.

unBalance could probably do this, but in a laborious manner, by moving every drive to other drives enough times that it ends up scooping up the dispersed folders,  but I'm hoping there is a simpler way to do that, as I have a lot of drives.

Cheers, Carl.