Mover skipping main share

assur191

Hello,

I recently completed the process of converting a couple disks from Reiser to XFS. Now, when I run the mover, it skips over my only share "Media". The other three shares are on my cache drive.

Oct 2 08:48:39 Tower logger: mover started
Oct 2 08:48:39 Tower logger: skipping "Media"
Oct 2 08:48:39 Tower logger: skipping "appdata"
Oct 2 08:48:39 Tower logger: skipping "apps"
Oct 2 08:48:39 Tower logger: skipping "downloads"
Oct 2 08:48:39 Tower logger: mover finished

I have the "Media" share set to Use cache disk "Only", and I deleted all the hidden Apple directories as suggested in another thread. Could someone please give me some direction on this issue? My cache is filling up. Thanks.

tower-diagnostics-20151002-0855.zip

If you have the share set to Use Cache Disk 'Only', then the mover will skip over it and leave the data only on the cache. If you want the share data to be moved to the array, then set it to 'Yes'.

SR

Thank you for the information. I could have sworn I had it set to "Only" before. I was under the impression that "Only" required any new data to go to the cache drive, but it still used the Mover. Regardless, I changed it to "yes", and it's not working.

Thank you.

If you have the share set to Use Cache Disk 'Only', then the mover will skip over it and leave the data only on the cache. If you want the share data to be moved to the array, then set it to 'Yes'.

SR

Thank you for the information. I could have sworn I had it set to "Only" before. I was under the impression that "Only" required any new data to go to the cache drive, but it still used the Mover.

The help on the Share Settings page says:

Specify whether new files and subdirectories written on the share can be written onto the Cache disk/pool.

No prohibits new files and subdirectories from being written onto the Cache disk/pool.

Yes indicates that all new files and subdirectories should be written to the Cache disk/pool, provided enough free space exists on the Cache disk/pool. If there is insufficant space on the Cache disk/pool, then new files and directories are created on the array. When the mover is invoked, files and subdirectories are transfered off the Cache disk/pool and onto the array.

Only indicates that all new files and subdirectories must be writen to the Cache disk/pool. If there is insufficient free space on the Cache disk/pool, create operations will fail with out of space status.

The Yes setting is the only one that will be affected by mover.

Regardless, I changed it to "yes", and it's not working.

Sometimes when you change share settings, it helps to stop and restart the array to get them to take effect.

• 2 years later...

Archived