We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Ubuntu 15.10 / Manjaro VM Problems

kristisdad

I've got Windows10 and Kodi up and running OK, but when it comes to Ubuntu or Manjaro, they seem to run OK from the iso on VNC albeit slow and incomplete, but when I install to disk they start and then stall.  What's the secret to loading these?  I just go from the template...maybe need to adjust the xml ?

If i sign into ubuntu as guest, all is fine except i can't save anything, if i switch to my account and i put in my password, it changes screens and dies, mouse moves, nothing else??

What version of uBuntu work the best? I'm getting really frustrated, looks like the AMD distros are strictly AMD, and I should use the i386 option even on a 64 bit intel machine.  What should the setting be in the VM manager using a video passthrough?

I just can't seem to get up and running...any good videos?

Thanks, Dave

What version of uBuntu work the best? I'm getting really frustrated, looks like the AMD distros are strictly AMD, and I should use the i386 option even on a 64 bit intel machine.  What should the setting be in the VM manager using a video passthrough?

I just can't seem to get up and running...any good videos?

Thanks, Dave

• 2 months later...

I am also unable to install ubuntu 15.10 desktop - it hangs after the disk partitioning step

ubuntu 14.04.3 desktop installs just fine

--

edit:

running 6.1.6, custom vm, 512M memory, 10G vda, VNC graphics, no sound

You will need to give the VM a little bit more memory.

Archived