VM keyboard layout

tola5

How did you change the layout in ubuntu and debian?

in debian  dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration  https://wiki.debian.org/Keyboard

on ubuntu I just try to install and when it ask for keyboard just can type to test  and it just dont will get it right

how does your usb device list look like?

Might be that you have to pass through a whole usb controller for it to work.

Did it work in windows?

How did you change the layout in ubuntu and debian?

in debian  dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration  https://wiki.debian.org/Keyboard

on ubuntu I just try to install and when it ask for keyboard just can type to test  and it just dont will get it right

how does your usb device list look like?

Might be that you have to pass through a whole usb controller for it to work.

Did it work in windows?

my usb are just 2 external hdd  my keyboard are on my home windows

machine  and my unraid are just use for media and for vm to run  som specifik programs

Ahh... Now I see  :)

You are running the VM's through vnc and not passing through a graphics card, right?

Then edit your VM, click the basic view so it says advanced view in the top right corner and find the vnc option. There should be a vnc keyboard option. Choose Swedish and start the VM again.

• Thanks 2

Ahh... Now I see  :)

You are running the VM's through vnc and not passing through a graphics card, right?

Then edit your VM, click the basic view so it says advanced view in the top right corner and find the vnc option. There should be a vnc keyboard option. Choose Swedish and start the VM again.

thx so much it worked :-D

• 1 year later...

Hi everybody,

sorry for digging up this old thread, but I have the exact same problem. When opening VMs via VNC the keyboard map is all messed up. When enabling Advanced View of VM settings, the option for changing the keymap does not appear. Is this feature hidden somewhere else or was it removed?

Thanks a lot.

2017-12-28 14_21_43-Unraid_VMSettings.png

6 hours ago, Gonozal said:

Hi everybody,

sorry for digging up this old thread, but I have the exact same problem. When opening VMs via VNC the keyboard map is all messed up. When enabling Advanced View of VM settings, the option for changing the keymap does not appear. Is this feature hidden somewhere else or was it removed?

Thanks a lot.

2017-12-28 14_21_43-Unraid_VMSettings.png

It's not in the VM settings, but in the VM template. You need to do it for every VM you want to change.