OVMF resetting on host reboot problem [resolved]

I have a working build with passthrough of four K6000's. Its awesome.

I had to go get the latest OVMF.fd from TianoCore because the baked in one with unRAID never seemed to work properly (OS would never boot, even when setting a boot device properly in the EFI menu).

I just replaced the /usr/share/qemu/ovmf-x64/OVMF-pure-efi.fd with the downloaded OVMF.fd (http://www.tianocore.org/ovmf/) and that way I dont have to re-edit the XML if I make changes to the VM via Dynamix.

Heres the problem:

When I reboot the host machine, the new /usr/share/qemu/ovmf-x64/OVMF-pure-efi.fd gets overwritten with the original unRAID version. This is a PITA, because then I have to go ssh in and recopy the newer version over top the unRAID shipped OVMF-pure-efi.fd.

Is there a way to override the unRAID OS from replacing the OVMF-pure-efi.fd on boot?

Thanks

I think you've got it a little backwards, /usr/* doesn't exist when the computer is turned off. It is extracted to RAM on every boot. So, it's not being overwritten, it just doesn't exist until unraid is booted.

Net result is the same as what you were thinking, you need to save your modified file on the flash (/boot) or disks (/mnt/disk*) and copy it to the /usr location with a copy command in the go file.