PCIe sata card that works with S3 sleep

Due to a variety of reasons, having S3 sleep on the unraid server is a pretty important feature for me. I can not find any confirmations of sata controller cards that works with S3. Is there any PCIe sata controller cards that is confirmed to work with S3?

Thanks for any information.

To add some context, the AOC-SASLP-MV8 I have breaks wake on lan (no telnet, no web UI, hard reset necessary). Are there other chipsets that doesn't break WOL?

If there are problems with every sata PCIe card, does that indicate some issues with the kernel/driver support that breaks with WOL?

Has anyone investigated why WOL breaks with sata cards or if integrating linux device drivers would help?

Thanks

There is a reason information is tough to come by. For most applications, the following is true.

If you need extra SATA ports, you are running a server. Servers don't sleep, because they need to be available 24/7/365. Therefore, manufacturers are not concerned with making PCIe SATA controllers sleep friendly.

Sleeping a large unraid server is a niche of a niche market, so it's going to be an uphill battle.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can confirm that I got S3 sleep working with both IBM 1015/1115 and SI3132 (that is with older AMD based motherboard).

However, to my experience it is mostly depending on the motherboard and BIOS - I am also looking for a newer e.g. Skylake board that would still support proper S3 with unraid (and fancontrol!), but it seems, it is a try and error process... so if anybody has made positive or negative experiences it would be nice to read it here.