Second cache drive in pool will not format

I am posting this for a friend of mine, who is having an issue where SAB running in a docker on his cache drive is reporting a very small available space. The 1st thing I thought to do was make sure of course his containers paths were correct, and that I could see that amount of available space in /mnt/cache and the unRAID webUI and he does. These are two cache drive SSD's, one is 128GB, the other is 500GB. He does have close to 100GB on his cache drive, so I can't determine whether SAB is writing inside the container, or if his second drive wasn't formatted properly and the free space is being reported incorrectly somehow? His second cache drive does not show BTRFS next to it in the Cache Devices Tab. I've tried stopping the array and using the option to format the "Unmountable Disk" it shows, which doesn't seem to do anything. When I click the box to agree to do it, then click format, I just get the the option to format it again, it never shows as formatted. It just keeps giving me the option to format it over and over. I have tried restarting the array with it unassigned several and restarting, then formatting, yet the option still remains available. When the array is brought back online with this disk as a cache device, it shows a green ball but I am just trying to rule out possible causes of this error. Is it normal to not have btrfs as a file format next to all of the cache devices in a cache pool? In this older thread I see it shown: https://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=34391.0 Or should I be posting in the SAB docker container for why this container is writing inside of the image with proper mappping?

Thanks very much in advance for any insight.

• 3 months later...

See attached screenshot of my drive configuration from main page.

It's been two hours that I have started parity sync.

From other forum post I know it will take time to complete this operation so I am not worried about it.

However, I am concerned about cache pool.

As you can see i have assigned 4 SSD of 256 GB each.

However, after formatting I only see 512 GB in total.

Does that mean it has created RAID 1 + 0 = RAID 10 pool by combining two mirrors?

How can I use all 4 SSDs to get 1 TB of usable space in above pool?

I am fine if we I had redo cache pool config as I have not moved any data to it.

Capture.PNG.0c24af65643d910fea1375bf3da176e5.PNG