Dynamix updated on my 6.1.9, and now webGUI is not functioning properly

ars92

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This issue should now be solved.  Sorry about the FUBAR-ness, if I had posted about our revised workflow with the other community developers and this could have been avoided.

So what's the proper way to fix it if I'm seeing:

Warning: parse_ini_file(state/network.ini): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/template.php on line 43 Warning: extract() expects parameter 1 to be array, boolean given in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/template.php on line 43

Delete config/plugins/dynamix.plg on the flashdrive then reboot the server

powerdown -r

Worked like a charm

This issue should now be solved.  Sorry about the FUBAR-ness, if I had posted about our revised workflow with the other community developers and this could have been avoided.

Warning: parse_ini_file(state/network.ini): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/template.php on line 43 Warning: extract() expects parameter 1 to be array, boolean given in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/template.php on line 43

powerdown -r

Worked like a charm

No! I removed the dynamix.plg and restarted. Then i updated to 6.2 without updating anything else. Now I cannot reach the webGui...

powerdown -r

Worked like a charm

No! I removed the dynamix.plg and restarted. Then i updated to 6.2 without updating anything else. Now I cannot reach the webGui...

Give it a bit...  Possibly doing the one time upgrade to all the docker images which may take some time.  Can you still see your SMB shares over the network?

powerdown -r

Worked like a charm

Give it a bit...  Possibly doing the one time upgrade to all the docker images which may take some time.  Can you still see your SMB shares over the network?

I'm having the identical issue. Upgraded. Couldn't reach webgui, removed the .plg. Now it boots - I can access shares, but still no webgui or docker apps.

I can hear the drives cranking - so maybe what you said is happening? Any better indication of when it's done or whatever?

EDIT: naturally it comes up like 5 seconds after I post this. Sorry. Ugh. Patience IS a virtue.

Thanks all.

CA felt the need to decide for me what gets updated when it was installed.  Bullshit!

No offense, but no it didn't.  CA's defaults are to auto update itself and FCP (disablable).  Everything else is a purely opt-in selection.  Sorry for the aggravation, but there were failures on this particular issue on both LT's and my part.

CA felt the need to decide for me what gets updated when it was installed.  Bullshit!

No offense, but no it didn't.  CA's defaults are to auto update itself and FCP (disablable).  Everything else is a purely opt-in selection.  Sorry for the aggravation, but there were failures on this particular issue on both LT's and my part.

It was set either through a previous version or through another plugin like the fix common problems or whatever.  CA updates on what seems like every click.  It doesn't need anything more and I have never looked for more.  I was not aware of the CA auto update icon under settings until I read this thread.  Only things that I saw were set to auto update was CA and the dynamix plugin yet at the top of the screen on that same page automatic plugin updates were set to no.

Regardless it has been removed and thankfully I was not forced into a parity check when trying to figure out why I could not stop the array.  Mistakes happen which is the very reason I do not do automatic updates.

Only things that I saw were set to auto update was CA and the dynamix plugin yet at the top of the screen on that same page automatic plugin updates were set to no.

Neither here nor there, the option at the top say update all plugins.  When disabled it displays the list allowing you to pick and choose.

But its all irrelevant anyways.  Thankfully this was a relatively minor little thing that only caused some grief and zero chance of data loss, fixes are already in place on both sides for the failures incurred, and life goes on.

CA updates on what seems like every click.  It doesn't need anything more and I have never looked for more.

lol  CA also stands for Check Always, and the autoupdate thing was originally put into place for itself.  And whether you think its complete or not, updates are going to continue to it, as TBH I don't even think that its close to it... Plus CA is a fun little project for me.  IMO a project that continues to move forward is never a bad thing  :D

IMO a project that continues to move forward is never a bad thing  :D

I have the same philosophy about Dynamix :D

Moving forward is not the issue, being force fed updates on a perfectly working server because of someone's ideology is.  I just can't for the life of me figure out how those updates were set to auto in CA.  Dead horse I suppose.

Yeah I also think it was somehow set to auto for me for both CA and Dynamix, although I seriously do not remember setting auto update for anything....oh well. At least it's all back to how it was on Thursday.

Just disappointed that I couldn't game for a bit before going overseas again. Will be months before I'll be back to game on my VM again on the big screen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

powerdown -r

Worked like a charm

I have gave it over 24hours now without being able to reach the webgui... :/

I can still reach my plex-server (running as plugin) and my docker apps, and I can also SSH into unraid. Only the webgui not working. :(

Any suggestions?

EDIT: I restarted the server once more, waited for about 10 minutes and now it's up and running again with working webgui on 6.2! :D

powerdown -r

The machine seems unresponsive to this command.  I went and head and hit the reboot button.  Now I guess it gets to check the parity.  Are there other options to bring the system down when this command doesn't work/hangs that doesn't result in an "unclean" reboot?

Thanks.

Powerdown did not work for me either as my unRAID webUI does not listen on port 80.

Edit the script at: /usr/local/sbin/powerdown

Add the port your webUI listens on after localhost on both lines (ie. localhost:8080)

Hope this helps!  It would be cool if the powerdown script could take into account other default ports besides 80.

I had same issue, deleted dynamix.plg, restarted, was able to get to WebUI. Updated raid to v 6.2 from 6.1.9. Also updated Dynamix.

But now I don't have the Docker tab and not sure how to make it show up again. Apps seem to be running though, Plex works and I can go to config pages of apps via their specific ports. Just no Docker in sight..

Capture_-_no_docker.JPG.e5f665495505881d1067bb058c47eac8.JPG

Since I couldn't find any alternative I rebooted and I'm going through a parity check.

Deleting the file worked and everything appears to be fine now except I have to run a parity check. :-/

Neither of you need to do a parity check, just cancel it.  Especially if you have done one recently.  Any time one starts and you know it isn't necessary, cancel it!  It only takes a second or 2.

@RobJ, just out of curiosity, what's the downside of running a parity check beyond it taking a while and eating into HDD life?

Btw, anyone have any ideas on why my Docker tab disappeared? And I take it back, none of my docker apps are running:

I had same issue, deleted dynamix.plg, restarted, was able to get to WebUI. Updated raid to v 6.2 from 6.1.9. Also updated Dynamix.

But now I don't have the Docker tab and not sure how to make it show up again. Apps seem to be running though, Plex works and I can go to config pages of apps via their specific ports. Just no Docker in sight..

@RobJ, just out of curiosity, what's the downside of running a parity check beyond it taking a while and eating into HDD life?

Just the time lost (and the extra heat generated, and the power used, and the impact on other things you may try to run).

Btw, anyone have any ideas on why my Docker tab disappeared? And I take it back, none of my docker apps are running:

I'm not the Docker expert, but you may want to visit the Additional Upgrade Advice page (is docker.img on an unassigned drive?) and the Docker FAQ.