Cache Option: Only with Backup

Skraut

I had been doing well keeping the appdata for various docker containers on a cache drive, and using the Cache Only option on the share.  This let me keep the number of disks down while lots of things worked in the background.  That is, it worked well until the cache drive died, and I lost everything.  Yes it wasn't anything super important, but it was frustrating to rebuild Plex data, have to re-tell Crashplan where my drives were and so on.

This time around I set up cache only once again, and built an rsync job triggerd via cron to copy things from my appdata share, to an appdata-backup share which does not use the cache drive.  This lets me keep everything still using the cache drive only, but still have something to go back to if the cache drive dies again.

Is there a way this can be done automatically in unRaid?  Some sort of option for the cache settings to be Only with Backup, so that it would use the same share location, it would just be that the mover script would rsync things to the share on the main array, without deleting things off the cache.