Black Screen with Cursor on Boot

So I recently built a computer to use as a NAS and I decided to use unRaid. Unfortunately nothing I do will make it boot unraid. I followed the usb instructions, ran the makebootable as admin etc. I tried the usb drive in a different computer in legacy boot and it boots up the unraid menu. My computer is an ASUS B150M-C D3, i3-6300, 8GB DDR3L Ram, RocketRaid 4520 Raid card.

I've tried setting all the boot settings to legacy, scm to legacy/uefi, turned off secure boot, did F8 and booted to the legacy usb, but nothing has worked. It's only ended up with a black screen with a blinking cursor on the upper left side. I'm at a lose of what to do.

So here is what I would try, connect all your drives to your motherboard SATA ports first, take the rocket raid card out of your PC for now, and see if it will boot. If it does, attach however remaining drives you have to the rocket raid card and see if it boots. Have you verified that your rocket raid card is supported in unRAID?

So I disconnected my raid card and just connected my ssd and what do you know it came up no problem. I checked the compatible hardware list and I didn't see my raid card, but I don't have a choice as my motherboard doesn't have enough sata ports to support all my hard drives. I'm going to reinstalled the raid card after I get the unraid installed on the ssd. thanks for your help. I'll update further with more information.

I see. Well then perhaps unraid is not the best for me. I may just need to look at something like freenas, ubuntu or windows server to get the full usage out of the technology I have on hand. I need to be able to use all the hard drives I have. Thanks for all your help and advice with trying to get this working ashman70.