[SOLVED] New disc doesn’t get included in shares

Lidde

Running unRAID 6.2.4 with Plus license and have a problem I can solve by myself. Have stopped and restarted the array, rebooted whole server, run xfs_repair -v without help.

I added a new disc No5 to the array which was bigger than the parity disc so the parity was recalculated and No5 became parity, all ok. Then the old parity, No4 was formatted to xfs and added to the array of discs. Here everything looks good. But it seems impossible to include the disc No4 into any of the Shares. The Free space is not increased to the User shares, but the disc is visible in the Disc Shares list with a nice green dot.

What to do?

Running unRAID 6.2.4 with Plus license and have a problem I can solve by myself. Have stopped and restarted the array, rebooted whole server, run xfs_repair -v without help.

I added a new disc No5 to the array which was bigger than the parity disc so the parity was recalculated and No5 became parity, all ok. Then the old parity, No4 was formatted to xfs and added to the array of discs. Here everything looks good. But it seems impossible to include the disc No4 into any of the Shares. The Free space is not increased to the User shares, but the disc is visible in the Disc Shares list with a nice green dot.

What to do?

I think I understand what you are saying you did, but let me rephrase it in a simpler way without all the confusing references to disk numbers and see if you agree.

You put a new larger disk in for parity, rebuilt parity, then added the old parity drive in a new slot as a new data drive and formatted it xfs. Is that correct?

Strange… When I manually checked all the discs to be included in Global Share Settings does the Free space increase by the size of No4. Then it looks ok until I clicked compute All under User Shares.

Then do I get the following comment, size is 989MB and Free is 3TB…

Disk 4: Share is outside the list of designated disks 989 MB 3 TB

trurl: Don't remember exact, but something like that yes. Followed the instructions in the Web GUI

I got the same result when i restarted the array to refresh the user shares.

But then I once again checked the Share settings and then found out that I can chose which disk to be included in the share, now i was able to add No4 manually. Success!

Summary:

My understanding is that there is a bug that might appear when adding a disc when Global Share Setting is set to Include all disk. The new disk is then not enabled for the shares. But if you manually chose all discs in the Global Share Setting is it then possible to manually add the latest disk in the specific Share Setting.