All VMs drop into UEFI shell

Well I have a new 6.2.4 server running.

I have tried to follow the "convert a running VMWare disk/appliance" into an KVM raw image.

I have tried making a blank W10, pointing the install media to my W10.iso and settign a clean 25G disk.

I just always drop into the UEFI Shell> with a mapping table similar to below, only changes are how many hard disks I attach.

I tried following the info on the "6.2 upgrade VM" w/ the

fs0:

cd efi

cd boot

bootx64.efi

-----------  I even try to use the given BLK0-7 device numbers, none of them go anywhere or have anything listed in them.

Are there file permissions I need to check on the .img and .iso files?

How do you convert the template/XML to use the seaBIOS or should I even attempt to??

My dockers run fine, just cannot even boot and ISO to do a clean Window10 install per the video guide.

UGH....  :-\

VMStuck.jpg.b667d38f69d8433152195055ccc7e340.jpg

Win10New.txt

If you type "exit" at the UEFI shell prompt and then select the appropriate disk device (fs0:, fs1:, etc.) does it continue?

As I recall, the same thing happened to me and this resolved it.

I may not remember the exact steps, but, I just needed to exit the shell and then select the device containing the Win 10 media and all proceeded as it should.  After that, the VM ran fine and I never dropped into the UEFI shell again.

When I type "exit" it tosses me back into the actual UEFI "BIOS" type screens.

Continue just repeats before

Boot manager gives me options to select boot device, just a pretty menu to the same ones listed as BLK and none of them do anything just return to menu.

"Boot Failed. EFI Floppy"  then back to menu, same for all the available devices.

Nothing in that thread helps. I have deleted and recreated the Win10 VMs using different source ISO.

I can take the same converted .img and make a VM using seaBIOS and it works just fine.

It reboots, lets me follow the install videos, install the virtio extensions. All Like it should, but the UEFI rom is worthless for me.  :-[

My System Info is as follows

M/B: ASRock - C2750D4I

CPU: Intel® Atom™ CPU C2750 @ 2.40GHz

HVM: Enabled

IOMMU: Disabled

Cache: 448 kB, 4096 kB

Memory: 16 GB (max. installable capacity 64 GB)

Network: bond0: adaptive load balancing, mtu 1500

eth0: 1000 Mb/s, full duplex, mtu 1500

eth1: 1000 Mb/s, full duplex, mtu 1500

Kernel: Linux 4.4.30-unRAID x86_64

Nothing in that thread helps. I have deleted and recreated the Win10 VMs using different source ISO.

I can take the same converted .img and make a VM using seaBIOS and it works just fine.

It reboots, lets me follow the install videos, install the virtio extensions. All Like it should, but the UEFI rom is worthless for me.  :-[

My System Info is as follows

M/B: ASRock - C2750D4I

CPU: Intel® Atom™ CPU C2750 @ 2.40GHz

HVM: Enabled

IOMMU: Disabled

Cache: 448 kB, 4096 kB

Memory: 16 GB (max. installable capacity 64 GB)

Network: bond0: adaptive load balancing, mtu 1500

eth0: 1000 Mb/s, full duplex, mtu 1500

eth1: 1000 Mb/s, full duplex, mtu 1500

Kernel: Linux 4.4.30-unRAID x86_64

That you can get it booting with seabios I suspect your previous VM was not a uefi install.