OS Flashdrive died, created new OS flash and now all drives say unmountable

shemshi

Hi all,

My system has been running for a while now with no issues. This morning I was streaming a movie through Plex and it stopped. I refreshed the page and found that it wouldn't load the dashboard. I tried to access the server web GUI, and it wouldn't load. My only other option was to hard reboot the server. After doing so, it no longer would boot to my USB drive. I removed the drive and placed it in my laptop, only to find it wouldn't read there either. I created a new Unraid OS flashdrive and upon installing it, I found that all my data drives are no longer mountable, requiring a format. Is there anything I can do here? I have about 7TB of media that will be lost and I'm not sure what I can do. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

If you didn't have a recent backup of the flash to work from and instead had to set it all up again, then possibly it is expecting each of your drives to be the default XFS filesystem. With the array stopped, go to each disks settings and set it to the filesystem the disk was using and then see if they are mountable.

Do you know which disk is supposed to be parity?

Archived