Unknown App Spamming Log

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, trurl said:

Wrong csrf tokens are due to another browser still open to the webUI somewhere after a reboot. Might be another computer on your network, might be another tab on the same computer, might be the mobile app ControlR, etc.

Ok, nothing to worry about then thanks.

Though there is still something spooking around... I still get the text "Cannot execute /bin/bash: No such file or directory" after login as root in unraid. I think it's messing around because now I cannot access SFTP or SSH. I am following https://wiki.unraid.net/Replace_A_Cache_Drive and is at step 13 but a folder have not been moved and I need to move it manually which I can't since I cannot connect to unraid. @Squid

I can't even login directly with keyboard by the screen now.

I get this in the log:

Nov 25 21:51:37 unTRUE sshd[14954]: User root not allowed because shell /bin/bash\357\273\277 does not exist
Nov 25 21:51:37 unTRUE sshd[14954]: error: Could not get shadow information for NOUSER
Nov 25 21:51:37 unTRUE sshd[14954]: Failed none for invalid user root from 192.168.1.5 port 52579 ssh2
Nov 25 21:51:37 unTRUE sshd[14954]: Failed password for invalid user root from 192.168.1.5 port 52579 ssh2
Nov 25 21:51:37 unTRUE sshd[14954]: error: Received disconnect from 192.168.1.5 port 52579:13: Unable to authenticate [preauth]
Nov 25 21:51:37 unTRUE sshd[14954]: Disconnected from invalid user root 192.168.1.5 port 52579 [preauth]

EDIT: Solved it by renaming both the shadow and passwd file to ".old" in the end as this says. Now I just need to recreate the users I had and I guess that's it.

Edited by truetype
6 hours ago, truetype said:

Nov 25 21:51:37 unTRUE sshd[14954]: User root not allowed because shell /bin/bash\357\273\277 does not exist

Your passwd file is still incorrect. You have junk characters at the end of the shell specification for the root user. It's telling it to use a shell called /bin/bash£££ where £££ represents three unprintable characters. Of course, a file of that name doesn't exist. It should just say /bin/bash

12 hours ago, John_M said:

Your passwd file is still incorrect. You have junk characters at the end of the shell specification for the root user. It's telling it to use a shell called /bin/bash£££ where £££ represents three unprintable characters. Of course, a file of that name doesn't exist. It should just say /bin/bash

Thanks, though that's strange because I did not add anything more after the "/bin/bash" and that is all I can see in the old passwd file. It's no problem now though since I remade the files and made new users. I also noticed unraid added some new ones that I guess came with one of the latests updates.

Edited by truetype