plex... Help...

I am in need of help...

After my recent HD failure... Which I have since corrected... Plex has been behaving strangely...

Currently I have been using plex via Docker... streaming to a roku TV.... 

And when using either the TV or more reliably a phone... I have been getting an error message when trying to play a video... sometimes after clicking through the error message many times... I am able to play the video... and others... I have to use the phone to tether the TV to play the video via the phone...

I have tried to use a different version of plex which i recently installed via a plugin and I am stuck at the loading screen... I do not get the chance to login...

Ideas???

sorry but yes... I have plex running... and I can hit the UI... I have removed the old docker Plex... and started fresh... 

researching the Plex forums... they suggest that the database was corrupted... but I dont feel that is the case because with enough persistence... I am able to play the video... 

Sometimes it is easier to play a video on a phone vs the TV... but I dont know why because they are on the same network... but different clients...!?!

but I will get the same error of both devices...

I have reinstalled Plex and it is building a new database... I hope that will resolve the issue... 

Any suggestions?

9 hours ago, mathomas3 said:

Sometimes it is easier to play a video on a phone vs the TV... but I dont know why because they are on the same network... but different clients...!?!

This sounds like it is being transcoded for the phone so it needs less bandwidth, but it is trying to use more bandwidth for the TV than it has. Is the TV a wired network connection?

sorry for the long delay... 

Things seemed to be getting better for a short time but... today I was not able to play a video... so I restarted the plex app... and it has yet to start... so... I can not provide the logs from plex itself... but the logs that I do have are saying that it doesnt have permissions to a folder...

chown: changing ownership of ‘/config/tmp’: Read-only file system
chown: changing ownership of ‘/config/Library’: Read-only file system
chown: changing ownership of ‘/config/Library/Application Support’: Read-only file system
chmod: changing permissions of ‘/config/tmp’: Read-only file system
chmod: changing permissions of ‘/config/Library’: Read-only file system
chmod: changing permissions of ‘/config/Library/Application Support’: Read-only file system
6 10000 /config/Library/Application Support
chown: changing ownership of ‘/config/tmp’: Read-only file system
chown: changing ownership of ‘/config/Library’: Read-only file system
chown: changing ownership of ‘/config/Library/Application Support’: Read-only file system
chmod: changing permissions of ‘/config/tmp’: Read-only file system
chmod: changing permissions of ‘/config/Lib

You never did post your docker run command:

On 3/10/2017 at 0:59 AM, CHBMB said:

Post more information.

Which docker version are you using?

Docker run command? (Link in my signature)

But the read-only file system messages makes me think you may have filesystem corruption. Go to Tools - Diagnostics and post complete zip.

so to recap... The Docker Plex is currently offline...

I went ahead and built a new Phaz Plex plugin server... I was unable to install it to it's default location that was on the USB card unraid is launched from? which might explain why the docker version was having a hard time... progressively having more and more problems... 

But i was able to get plex up and running with an install dir of /mnt/disk1/plex

How would I go about verifying if my USB card is going bad without bringing down the server?

attached are the latest logs....

Thanks,

Mat

tower-diagnostics-20170314-0420.zip

Running check now... drive 3 has been stuck at 73.6% for a while now... hmmm

trurl... thanks for the help... if you dont mind me asking... what pointed you to those two drives possibly being the problem... Drive 3 was a drive 2tb that I recently rebuilt with a 5tb drive and everything seemed to work fine when it was built...

1 hour ago, mathomas3 said:

Running check now... drive 3 has been stuck at 73.6% for a while now... hmmm

trurl... thanks for the help... if you dont mind me asking... what pointed you to those two drives possibly being the problem... Drive 3 was a drive 2tb that I recently rebuilt with a 5tb drive and everything seemed to work fine when it was built...

The syslog in your diagnostics was full of file errors (not disk errors) for those.

Just wondering... How long would you assume that a reiserchk --rebuild-tree should last?

Currently it has been running for near 12h... disk3 is showing little activity but the cache drive is very busy... but i was able to confirm that the task is still running via the console... suggestions? the system's is webpage is not coming up...

5 minutes ago, mathomas3 said:

Just wondering... How long would you assume that a reiserchk --rebuild-tree should last?

Currently it has been running for near 12h... disk3 is showing little activity but the cache drive is very busy... but i was able to confirm that the task is still running via the console... suggestions? the system's is webpage is not coming up...

Of course the cache drive should not be involved at all in checking the filesystem for disk3. What command did you use?