Recommended filesystem for VM storage disk?

I just received a 500gb SSD that I'm going to use for the VM's on my unRaid box and I'm going to leave it out of the array and use the unassigned devices plugin to mount it and such.  Is there a recommended file system for the VM store?  I believe I read that btrfs is a bad ideal.  Since the unassigned disks plugin looks like it supports ext4, I was thinking of doing that.

Don't really want to make a new thread for a quick question.. the current VM storage location is on my drive pool - /mnt/user/Virtual_Machines/

Can I copy the contents to where I mount the new drive (thinking /mnt/VM_Disk) and then change the VM storage location to the new path and will my existing VM still show up, or is there another config file I need to change?

edit - nevermind, found this.  

Edited by danith
6 hours ago, danith said:

I just received a 500gb SSD that I'm going to use for the VM's on my unRaid box and I'm going to leave it out of the array and use the unassigned devices plugin to mount it and such.  Is there a recommended file system for the VM store?  I believe I read that btrfs is a bad ideal.  Since the unassigned disks plugin looks like it supports ext4, I was thinking of doing that.

Can I ask why btrfs is a bad idea for running VMS off? I am wondering if some of my VM issues are down to the images being on my cache drive which is btrfs?...