P411 compatibility issue

UPDATED information on this topic can now be found :

Original post/thread below

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, this is a duplicate thread from the 6.4 rc section. I asked for it to be moved after finding the error occurs in 6.2.4 also, but it was not moved. So here it is now.

tower-diagnostics-20170727-0508.zip

------------

When the controller is enabled, it will lock up the web gui and the onscreen terminal input. Sometimes it will recover but when it does, the vm tab is no longer visible and you can't re-enable it (selecting yes and apply does nothing.) Additionally the main tab only shows a blank page.

After reboot and disabling the card, server states "1719- A controller failure event occurred prior to power-up. Previous lock up code 0x12" then goes on about it's business working properly, vm's return, etc...

I do not believe it is the card because I have another from a different server I dropped in and the same problem occurs. The onboard P410i acts without issue. This is on a hp dl580 g7. Diagnostics attached when I was able to get the web gui to work while having issues. The ACPI Exception/errors relating to power are (I believe) associated with the server complaining that I'm only running 2 power supplies and it can't get in redundant mode. I could slide a third in (which will be there in the future permanently.)-- this is done, errors went away, so not related.

----

I have tried both cards in a second server with the same result. I have also made a clean install of 6.2.4 on each server which then show:s "IOCK error (debug interrupt?) for reason 71 on CPU 0" and "IOCK error (debug interrupt?) for reason 61 on CPU 0" in alternating messages with no access to the server via telnet/ssh/web gui.

Since I have tried multiple hardware combinations, and multiple firmware/bios combinations with 2 different cards/servers, then this appears to be an unRaid issue. I am unable to post diagnostics from 6.2.4.

Bios is updated on all cards/drives.

-------

I have run windows 10 on the server the past day and a half using multiple raid configurations with the p411 and had zero issues. About to try a ubuntu live cd to see if it recognizes it without errors. Would greatly appreciate anyone with knowledge in this area to take a peak!

1 hour ago, 1812 said:

Yes, this is a duplicate thread from the 6.4 rc section. I asked for it to be moved after finding the error occurs in 6.2.4 also, but it was not moved. So here it is now.

Did you file a request using the 'Report Post' link on the top your the first post in your other thread?  It can take some time as the moderators are all volunteers...

8 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

Did you file a request using the 'Report Post' link on the top your the first post in your other thread?  It can take some time as the moderators are all volunteers...

I did not. I thought that was just for spammers and annoying posters.

1 minute ago, 1812 said:

I did not. I thought that was just for spammers and annoying posters.

That is the way that I requested a move for one of the my threads.  The moderators will probably not be looking at every thread on the forum for a request to move.  At the time, I figured this was a good way to notify one of them that the thread should be moved.  I assumed that using the Report Post method was as just an acceptable usage of it as for the reporting of spam and other violations of the forum policies. 

upgrading the bios for the server to the "latest" (2015) has allowed the p411 to operate so far without any lockups. I do not know if the power settings suggested above also play a part in its current operational status, as I have not changed it from high performance mode/etc since it will be used for 4k video editing/transcoding.

With that said, using the last available bios produces the RMRR issue for the video card as detailed and workaround posted here:

Archived