Disks not spinning down

Thomas_K

Hi

I'm having problems with my discs not spinning down automatic after upgrading to Unraid 6.3.5. After a restart of the server, spindown is working for a week or so, but after that i'm experiencing that all my array discs don't spin down anymore. The spindown of the parity is working perfectly. Even if i press the spin down button the discs spin down, but imediately spin up again.

I've tried disabeling my dockers 1 by 1, but that didn't do the trick, however when looking at the open files plugin it seems that Docker could be the reason. I just don't understand that as all my dockers are located on an Unassigned device

Do anyone have similar spin down issues??

br,

Thomas

Since no one else has replied to you, I would suggest that you post up your diagnostics file   (   Tools   >>>   Diagnostics   ) and a list of all your plugins and dockers. 

What happens when you go to  Main   >>>  Array Operations   and click on the Spin Down   button.  As soon as the spin down is finished, go immediately to    Array Devices    and see how long the drives stay spun down and which drives spin backup.   (You could open two browser tabs at once which could make doing this a bit quicker.)

6 hours ago, Thomas_K said:

Hi

I'm having problems with my discs not spinning down automatic after upgrading to Unraid 6.3.5. After a restart of the server, spindown is working for a week or so, but after that i'm experiencing that all my array discs don't spin down anymore. The spindown of the parity is working perfectly. Even if i press the spin down button the discs spin down, but imediately spin up again.

I've tried disabeling my dockers 1 by 1, but that didn't do the trick, however when looking at the open files plugin it seems that Docker could be the reason. I just don't understand that as all my dockers are located on an Unassigned device

Do anyone have similar spin down issues??

br,

Thomas

Had the same problem a year ago.

Try this under Sleep Settings:

Custom commands after wake-up:  hdparm -y $(ls /dev/sd*|grep '[a-z]$') >/dev/null 2>&1

Edited by Zonediver