[GUI] unRAID 6.4.0 - Banner over stretched?

ezhik

Did anything change regarding banner size in 6.4.0? Shouldn't it be 1270x90?

My 'Dark' theme seems to be over stretched @ 1920x1080 resolution.

This goes for the top banner and the alignment of the drive usage and other properties in the Main page.

Anybody else noticed anything off about this?

Edited by ezhik
3 minutes ago, Squid said:

Pretty much

FWIW, I thought it was perfect the way it worked before. IMHO, the folks at unRAID should at least add an option in the display settings to select "fixed", "scaled" or "stretch to fit" on banners. Anyway, do you know if there is a guideline for the ideal dimensions?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Joseph said:

FWIW, I thought it was perfect the way it worked before. IMHO, the folks at unRAID should at least add an option in the display settings to select "fixed", "scaled" or "stretch to fit" on banners. Anyway, do you know if there is a guideline for the ideal dimensions?

Agreed. Good to know I am not the only one.

• 2 weeks later...

@limetech Can we get a feature to not stretch or shrink the banner if it is over/under the size of the screen?

For example, for all those users that still have 1270 pixels banners, can we have an option to:

position: stretch, center

if centered, color to fill the sides (let users pick the color, for example I filled mine with black sides).

Cheers.

@bonienl, the annoying part is shrinking and stretching. If you have 1920px size, it gets shrinked when accessed on older macbooks that have resolution of 1280x800 for example. Doesn't look good. Same thing if the resolution is 1440p or 4K - it gets stretched.

Edited by ezhik
  • 1 year later...

Any updates to this? It's really annoying to have the image shrink and stretch. I don't understand why it would shrink or stretch at all considering no images other than solid color would look good like that. I'd rather it be fixed and just encroach in on the center of the image. That way I could put a logo or whatever in the center, fill it with blank filler around the edges that way even when it's squeezed in, the logo is still centered.

The current method is just unusable with any image unless you keep your window at the exact width that makes it look normal.

• 3 years later...

I know this is a super old topic, but was all my searches found when I had this same issue.

Solution I just figured out is fairly simple.

- Install the Theme Engine plugin.

- In the settings, select Advanced view

- Set "Enable custom styling (below):" to Yes

- In text box that now appears at very bottom, add

#header.image{background-image:url(/boot/config/plugins/dynamix/banner.png?v=1652994810);background-size: 1920px 90px;background-position: left;}

just change the size values to match your image size, and position value to what you want it to be.

If all you want is the banner change, just replace all contents of that text window with the above.  If you add it to the end, it will also apply all of the custom style.

• Like 1