Just Appeared on Disk 1 - "Unmountable: Invalid Partition"

cypres0099

I was just logging in to do a routine check on the system when I noticed that Disk 1 is giving me the error "Unmountable: Invalid Partition". I didn't receive any error alerts or anything. I don't think I've changed anything since it was working correctly. I'm currently checking parity since it has been fully checked since November.

Any idea what might have happened here? Can I just format the drive and add it to the array to rebuild?

2018-01-14_14-53-18.jpg

1 minute ago, johnnie.black said:

Invalid partition is not the error I would expect for filesystem corruption, do you have any idea how long it's been like that? Did you rebuild that disk recently? The release you're on has a bug were the partition isn't correctly created on a rebuild when using a clean disk.

I added the disk like a month ago. I just noticed the problem today.

1 minute ago, bonienl said:

Assuming you get everything up and running again. Next, it is recommended to convert reiserFS to XFS when using unRAID6.

It's still running the check. But it will hopefully be fixed after the check is done?

To convert everything to XFS, I'm assuming I'll hookup an external drive and transfer everything off a single disk, format, then transfer it back on? Repeat for all disks?

Archived