We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

6.4 Cache Issue Due to UAD Plugin

whwunraid

So this issue I have been seeing in the form about cache drives/pools getting scragged because of the faulty Unassigned Devices plugin.

At what point was this fixed, do not particularly want to go to 6.4 and find out I have to revert back fix and update again, that is just wrong.

So there should be a way to identify if this going to happen before making the update?

Also think this should have been disclosed or fixed prior to release, this did not show up in ANY of the release candidates?

Thanks for your thoughts... not being mean just calling it the way I see it, maybe I missed something.

My take:

21 minutes ago, whwunraid said:

scragged because of the faulty Unassigned Devices plugin

At the time, UD was not faulty per se.  It does stand for "Unassigned Devices".  If anything, it was unRaid itself for accepting cache drives that didn't conform to it's partition "standard". 

23 minutes ago, whwunraid said:

fixed prior to release

UD was long ago fixed (September 2017) to only format drives that are compliant with unRaid's standard partition scheme.

24 minutes ago, whwunraid said:

this should have been disclosed

It is in the upgrade notes on the forum https://lime-technology.com/forums/topic/66327-unraid-os-version-640-stable-release-update-notes/

32 minutes ago, whwunraid said:

this did not show up in ANY of the release candidates?

It's why UD was changed.

37 minutes ago, whwunraid said:

So there should be a way to identify if this going to happen before making the update?

Did you format your cache drive using Unassigned Devices prior to September 2017?  If yes, then you're susceptible.  If not (only formatted it via unRaid) then you're good.  As far as some command / whatnot to tell you the info, I'm honestly not sure.

Archived