Losing Network Connection

sgt_spike

Connect a monitor and keyboard directly to the server.  See if you can login that way.  If successful, type   diagnostics   on the command line. That will write the diagnostics file to the  logs   Folder/directory on the Flash Drive.  Upload that file in new post.  

Otherwise, you will have to reboot.  Install the 'Fix Common Problems' plugin and turn on the 'Troubleshooting' mode.  That plugin will run a tail on your syslog, periodically appending the results to a file in the logs folder/directory on your Flash Drive.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/5/2018 at 8:19 AM, Frank1940 said:

Connect a monitor and keyboard directly to the server.  See if you can login that way.  If successful, type   diagnostics   on the command line. That will write the diagnostics file to the  logs   Folder/directory on the Flash Drive.  Upload that file in new post.  

Otherwise, you will have to reboot.  Install the 'Fix Common Problems' plugin and turn on the 'Troubleshooting' mode.  That plugin will run a tail on your syslog, periodically appending the results to a file in the logs folder/directory on your Flash Drive.  

I connected a monitor and keyboard.  I also changed the boot to boot to the GUI.  It has happened again, the server fell off the network.  It seems like the computer has frozen.  I can't log into the GUI to run any diagnostics.  Will there be any logs I can look at to see if it is the UnRaid.  I want to see if it's a hardware issue

Install the 'Fix Common Problems' plugin and put it into the troubleshooting mode.  That plugin will save the diagnostics file to the Flash Drive (logs folder) along with periodic tail snapshots of the updated log file.  These sometimes contain some information as to what the problem is.   These files may provide some information and clues regarding hardware failure.  When it happens the next time, upload and files in that folder with a date-time stamp after your reboot.  

You should check your system for obvious hardware issues.  Make sure that all fans are running, the CPU cooler fins are clean of dust, the case filters and vents are clean, not bulging capacitors on the MB, make sure that the PS has the capacity to handle the current load, etc.  

I am also having the exact same issue. I had no problems up until the latest update. I'm currently running the fix all common problems logging tool, but I'm not exactly optimistic. Prior to the update I had no downtime for around 100 days. I have made sure all plugins are fully updated and have tried a seperate NIC that is in my server. After a unclean shutdown unRAID works perfectly fine and shows absolutely no errors at all, other than the unclean shutdown. Any help for this would be appreciated as I have just paid for unRAID this week and have started having issues :/

• 1 month later...

I would like to give my own "ditto"

I have not yet ran 'fix common problems' troubleshooting. That is my next port of call.

I just thought I would join in here, to let ppl know this is not an isolated issue. My CPU is well within tolerance. PSU is Atleast 400w overkill. Cooling is all fine.

Since upgrading from 6.3.5 I have had this issue. Now running 6.5.0.

My last crash was today, I am not at home, but my PC has been fine for about 3 weeks since the last happening.

Usually there is no response from the plugged in monitor.

I will unclean reboot, and begin running the fix problems troubleshooting. I will report back when I have more info

On 01/03/2018 at 9:50 AM, Terrorc0n said:

I am also having the exact same issue. I had no problems up until the latest update. I'm currently running the fix all common problems logging tool, but I'm not exactly optimistic. Prior to the update I had no downtime for around 100 days. I have made sure all plugins are fully updated and have tried a seperate NIC that is in my server. After a unclean shutdown unRAID works perfectly fine and shows absolutely no errors at all, other than the unclean shutdown. Any help for this would be appreciated as I have just paid for unRAID this week and have started having issues :/

You might be having the same symptoms but not necessarily the same cause. Start your own thread and include your diagnostics zip.

5 hours ago, 7hr08ik said:

I would like to give my own "ditto"

I have not yet ran 'fix common problems' troubleshooting. That is my next port of call.

I just thought I would join in here, to let ppl know this is not an isolated issue. My CPU is well within tolerance. PSU is Atleast 400w overkill. Cooling is all fine.

Since upgrading from 6.3.5 I have had this issue. Now running 6.5.0.

My last crash was today, I am not at home, but my PC has been fine for about 3 weeks since the last happening.

Usually there is no response from the plugged in monitor.

I will unclean reboot, and begin running the fix problems troubleshooting. I will report back when I have more info

See my previous reply.

Archived