Changing router - what do I need to change within unRAID??

stevep94

I've bought an Asus DSL-AC88U to replace my existing modem/router but I'm a bit worried that I'm going to mess up some functionality of the programs I've got installed.

The main reason for concern is that while I've only got Deluge, Plex, Binhex MiniDLNA and Krusader installed, in truth I simply followed various Youtube guides and don fully understand what I've done and why!

Am I going to be better uninstalling these programs once the new router is in place or should I be able to simply update IP addresses within each programs settings? (presumably the DHCP  on the new router will assign a new IP address to the server automatically?)

Sorry if I'm rambling a bit - hope this makes sense!

47 minutes ago, michael123 said:

With everything setup right, you don't need to do a thing on an unRaid server

What needs to be setup is merely the router - i.e. LAN, WAN, Wi-Fi, etc

Exactly. Adding a little more detail, if you change the new router to match the settings of the old router, nothing has to change in your home network.

Router IP, DHCP range, port forward rules, reserved IP's if any, Wifi SSID, encryption type and password. As long as those match, it should be a transparent switchover.

4 hours ago, stevep94 said:

Thanks for the replies!

I've not plugged it in yet but from what I've seen online the IP address range on the new router is 192.168.1.xx rather than 192.168.0.xx - which (I think) means I'll have to change things! (Correct me if I'm wrong!)

Yep. You will need to log in to the router and change the things I mentioned to match what they are on the current router.

Archived