Create a Docker? Totally noob

soder

This kind of a really strange question, but I hope that someone might be able to help me without getting angry. First, I don't even know if I've posted on the right place at this forum.

Anyway, I'm kind of new to unRAID, and even new to using Dockers. I've been on LibreELEC for many years, and used to run some apps as services there.

I've used Transmission for many years, and now I got it set up on my unRAID server and it works very well. But, for many many years, I've used a program called "Automatic" https://github.com/1100101/Automatic to automatic download torrents from a RSS feed, and with RegExp matched stuff I wanted to download. It's not graphical and stuff, but when setup it works great. Anyhow, this program I've been using as an Services Add-on in first OpenELEC and later LibreELEC.

Now when using unRAID, I would love to run it on the server, but, I don't know how. How does it work with Dockers? Could that be possible? Or, should I run a VM just for that cause?

I would LOVE to get some input on this...

Thanks.

/Söder

IT has been a while since you posted up with this issue.  While I could not put together a Docker if my life depended on it, I did a it of research.  Did you install the family of Community Applications?  IT is a very useful as it will automatic search, find and install virtually all of the plugin and Dockers that will work with unRAID.  Here is the link to the support thread:

After you install it, if you search for "Transmission", you will find four Transmission  Docker applications ready to download and run.