realies

[Plugin] Corsair PSU Statistics

44 posts in this topic Last Reply

Might get to it at some point when I get to that version, feel free to do a PR if you want it sooner.

works like a charm with my RM850i. awesome plugin.

would be great if you got it into the CA too. then fix common problems plugin wont show the error anymore. (silenced it)

maybe as a followup. make it compatible with the watercooling AIO's??

defo a must have plugin for corsair PSU users.

great work

Credits to github/notaz for taking the time to reverse engineer the USB messages. Feel free to publish it on CA. Not sure what you mean by "make it compatible with the watercooling AIO's"...

i might do that :D (if i knew how) and the watercooling bit.

the H1xxi series watercooling have usb connectivity aswell. 

read out temps and speeds. maybe even control fans.

sounds a bit over the top but i have the H110i GT AIO watercooler in my server :D

anyways. great plugin

Hey @realies,

The plugin looks good, but I was wondering is there support for the ax860i. Because I think I've got it connected correctly because it's listed in the usb devices.

image.png.6f8a85b88e1115ad9bf80de91128948a.png

Thanks for this plugin btw :)

Posted (edited)

Hey @sameranio, could you please test if this branch has an expected output based on your device id? You might have to compile in a glibc/gcc environment to satisfy all headers.

git clone -b feature-ax860i https://github.com/realies/corsairmi
cd corsairmi
make
./corsairmi

Edited by realies

Hey,

I tried the git clone but it gave me the following error. Dont know if I'm doing something wrong,

image.png.d22aeb4bb62e96257afe379324c8de41.png

@sameranio, you need to satisfy all dependencies, maybe compile in a Linux VM that already has compiling tools installed? Otherwise, DevTools is an option.

Posted (edited)

Heya,

sorry for the late answer been busy at work.

I just tried compiling it on my centos vm and it worked, but when i run it it just says no compatible devices found.

Also tried corsair link on my windows vm and it detects the psu and shows usage.

Edited by sameranio

Hey guys, i’m very interested in this plugin and will likely sway my upcoming PSU purchase. Just wanted to confirm I don’t need a corsair link commander to use it? just the USB out of the compatible PSU’s? 

Cheers

Linton

@LintHart, generally all PSUs that work with Corsair Link should work with this plugin as long as their hardware ID is added to the supported devices.

Not sure what do you mean with the hub, but the PSU has to be connected to the system via USB in some way.

Perfect. My understanding is that the original instance of Corsair link was a fancy fan & LED controller using a hub which was then controlled via software. My assumption is feeding of of those same protocols. Great to see this bypasses the hub. Hopefully I’ll have some use for it very soon :)