New unraid server keeps disconnecting from network and I have no idea why. Help much appreciated!

thinkscotty

I replaced my old Unraid server with a brand new one a couple of days back. Every few hours it seems to get disconnected from my network. I can no longer log in to the Web UI or connect to the share on my PC. The only way to fix it is to restart the physical machine. I never experienced this problem on my old UNRAID server so it's annoying and concerning. I have assigned it a static IP via my router. I can't find any support for this in the forums so far. I can post logs or whatever, though I've never done it before so I need to figure that out first. Anyone else dealt with a similar issue?

The only thing I run on it is the standard Plex docker app.

It's 100% new hardware, except for 2 of the 4 hard drives. Even the USB drive and the license key is new, as I plan to use the old server at work.

Hardware: AMD Ryzen 1600 CPU, ASROCK AB-350M motherboard, 8 GB Crucial 2133  DDR4, Samsung 860 EVO cache drive, 4x 3TB WD Red HDD, MSI GT 710 GPU, Corsair CX 550M PSU. I have running off a UPS.

There is one remaining issue when using an Ryzen processor - the tendency for the system to freeze if allowed to enter the C6 state. To avoid this you can either look at your UEFI BIOS for an option to disable C6 state or use a utility build into unRAID called zenstates. The zenstates utility is preferable to the other BIOS option, which is the global disabling of all C states.

We ported a simplified version of the zenstates.py utility to C (to avoid including python in bzroot) which may be used to disable Ryzen C6 states (as workaround for Ryzen idle freeze issue).  We have found that sometimes bios option to disable C6 does not exist or does not do the right thing.  If you want to use this utility, we suggest that you edit your 'config/go' file on your USB flash device.  Add this line just before emhttp is invoked:

zenstates --c6-disable

Archived