Disk unmount to read only - unraid 6.5

nerv

There are a few files on my disk that I hit an error on when I try to remove them. My disk was new, so I returned it and installed a new one and restored from parity, but I'm hitting the same error. The smart check passes fine (attached), but when I try and delete those files I see the following in logs.

Is the file system on the disk corrupted somehow? If so, any idea on how to fix it?

May 22 16:36:21 Media avahi-daemon[2308]: New relevant interface veth9791cc6.IPv6 for mDNS.
May 22 16:36:21 Media avahi-daemon[2308]: Registering new address record for fe80::2ca0:1aff:febc:ce9 on veth9791cc6.*.
May 22 16:37:39 Media kernel: REISERFS warning: reiserfs-5090 is_tree_node: node level 14144 does not match to the expected one 1
May 22 16:37:39 Media kernel: REISERFS error (device md2): vs-5150 search_by_key: invalid format found in block 885368410. Fsck?
May 22 16:37:39 Media kernel: REISERFS (device md2): Remounting filesystem read-only
May 22 16:37:59 Media kernel: print_req_error: I/O error, dev loop2, sector 0
May 22 16:37:59 Media kernel: BTRFS error (device loop2): bdev /dev/loop2 errs: wr 0, rd 0, flush 1, corrupt 0, gen 0
May 22 16:37:59 Media kernel: BTRFS warning (device loop2): chunk 0 missing 1 devices, max tolerance is 0 for writeable mount
May 22 16:37:59 Media kernel: BTRFS: error (device loop2) in write_all_supers:3666: errno=-5 IO failure (errors while submitting device barriers.)
May 22 16:37:59 Media kernel: BTRFS info (device loop2): forced readonly
May 22 16:37:59 Media kernel: BTRFS warning (device loop2): Skipping commit of aborted transaction.
May 22 16:37:59 Media kernel: BTRFS: error (device loop2) in cleanup_transaction:1877: errno=-5 IO failure
May 22 16:37:59 Media kernel: BTRFS info (device loop2): delayed_refs has NO entry

WDC_WD60EFRX-68L0BN1_WD-WX11D38E214D-20180522-1640.txt

1 hour ago, Squid said:

You need to Check Disk Filesystem On disk #2

And after that you will probably want to recreate docker image since it is corrupt too.

You really should have given us the complete diagnostics zip by going to Tools - Diagnostics. It includes SMART for all disks, syslog, and many other things useful in putting together a more complete understanding of your situation.

14 minutes ago, nerv said:

Can you elaborate on why the docker image is corrupt too?

Because it is /dev/loop2. You seem to have created it on your media user share for some reason, which means it might be on disk2. You really should recreate it on cache anyway, and it is very easy to reinstall your dockers with all their previous settings by going to Community Applications - Previous Apps.

Your appdata is also set to cache-no, which isn't the usual way. Typically it is set to cache-prefer. Dockers will run much better if docker image and appdata are on cache since they won't be impacted by parity updates, and parity won't have to stay spinning because dockers are running.

After fixing filesystem on disk2, if you want to get this setup the recommended way, stop (disable) the docker service in Settings - Docker. Change appdata to cache-prefer. Run mover. When it is finished, delete and recreate docker image on cache. Start (enable) the docker service, then go to Apps - Previous Apps and reinstall all your dockers.

5 hours ago, nerv said:

My disk was new, so I returned it and installed a new one and restored from parity, but I'm hitting the same error.

This is an error with the disk file system.

Replacing the original disk and rebuilding will just end up with a different disk containing a file system with the same errors.

The message "Fsck?" at the end of the following line is a suggestion to try to use the file system check program to try to repair the file system:

May 22 16:37:39 Media kernel: REISERFS error (device md2): vs-5150 search_by_key: invalid format found in block 885368410. Fsck?

Another thing to note is that reiserfs isn't maintained anymore because the file system creator is spending his time in jail. So after you have repaired the file system, it might be a good idea to empty the disk by copying the files to another disk and then reformat the disk with a different file system type.

The disk is fixed and appears to be functionining. I'm assuming it got corrupted when my previous disk failed. Thanks for the help folks!

I will take all the other advice in this thread as well. Will ping here if I have any questions. Thanks!

Archived