OPENVPN with Unraid

patm95

Hi all,

I use OpenVPN to access files on my server for my business.  However, some of the sites I go to have OpenVPN blocked on their firewall.  Does anyone have a way around this?  I have read about stunnel, but am unsure how to set it up with OpenVPN and Unraid.  Any other creative ideas? 

Thank you.

You can use alternate ports.

I would assume that they are blocking 1194, then you can change that, You might try 443.

If you can access the server admin page with the 'Host Port 1 or 2' then it's likely they are only blocking the 'Host Port 3' which is the port used for the tunnel.

If you can't contact the server on any port the the firewall is really locked down.

Of course I'm making the assumption you have the 3 ports available to the outside in your router.

6 hours ago, shaunsund said:

You can use alternate ports.

I would assume that they are blocking 1194, then you can change that, You might try 443.

If you can access the server admin page with the 'Host Port 1 or 2' then it's likely they are only blocking the 'Host Port 3' which is the port used for the tunnel.

If you can't contact the server on any port the the firewall is really locked down.

Of course I'm making the assumption you have the 3 ports available to the outside in your router.

I did try changing ports.  I've tried 1194 and 443.  Idk what else to try without just doing random ports.  I wonder if it has deep packet inspection?  OpenVPN basically just tries reconnecting all of the time. 

Archived