[SOLVED] Unmountable: Unsupported partition layout

7 hours ago, ajtatum said:

This is the second time when all the drives in my array are unmountable. Out of the servers and NASes I have or had, none have caused issues like Unraid has. It's literally a maintenance nightmare as I never know what to expect when I log onto the Unraid server. 

You are likely to get better informed feedback if you attach your system’s diagnostics zip file to your next post in this thread.   Drives do not go unmountable for no reason.

Aug 20 12:49:49 XavierTower emhttpd: /mnt/disk1 mount error: Unsupported partition layout

This errors means the partition changed or it's missing, if it's the 2nd time it suggests a device/firmware problem, since they are all the same model.

A new config won't help with this error, rebuilding one device at a time so that Unraid re-creates the correct partition layout might, assuming parity is valid.

2 hours ago, JorgeB said:
Aug 20 12:49:49 XavierTower emhttpd: /mnt/disk1 mount error: Unsupported partition layout

This errors means the partition changed or it's missing, if it's the 2nd time it suggests a device/firmware problem, since they are all the same model.

A new config won't help with this error, rebuilding one device at a time so that Unraid re-creates the correct partition layout might, assuming parity is valid.

I'm doing a parity check now, would that process rebuild each device? If not, how do I go about doing that?

My best guess is that it's due to the 4 hard drives being connected in a 2.5" 4 disk USB enclosure as I'm running it on a mini PC that used to be my router, so I don't have the actual connection capabilities. There's just one 2.5" SATA connection on the device itself. I'm debating about whether or not I should by something like a 4 bay Terramaster NAS and run unRAID on that. As otherwise I'm not enough of a hardware guy to build my own setup.

Anyway, do you think the issue could be the USB setup? 

3 hours ago, JorgeB said:

That's a big red flag.

Unassign one of the data devices, start array, post new diags.

Yea, I know the USB connection isn't ideal. It was really just a way for me to test out unRAID with the intention of getting something (either a custom-built mini ITX case or a Terramaster F4-423) later on.

I took one disk offline, and it's now an "Unassigned Device" and under "Array Devices" it shows "Device is missing (disabled), Contents emulated".

Attached are the diagnostics.

I appreciate your help in getting this figured out. What's weird to me is that all the Docker containers are working perfectly fine even though all the devices show as "Unmountable". 

Thanks,
AJ

xaviertower-diagnostics-20230821-0813.zip

1 hour ago, ajtatum said:

"Device is missing (disabled), Contents emulated".

The emulated device is mounting, if contents look correct you can rebuild on top, then repeat for the other ones.

1 hour ago, ajtatum said:

What's weird to me is that all the Docker containers are working perfectly fine even though all the devices show as "Unmountable". 

It's likely using the cache pool.

14 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

The emulated device is mounting, if contents look correct you can rebuild on top, then repeat for the other ones.

So, what's the process for rebuilding on top? Sorry, I just can't seem to find anything in the UI that says "rebuild" or anything along those lines.