Need assistance enabling IOMMU

Hi all,

I am new to unraid and just spun up my first server. I got the array all set up and installed some plugins. Everything was working fine until I set IOMMU mode to 64MB then unraid would not load even in safe mode with gui. I disabled IOMMU again and sure enough everything is working. My motherboard/cpu is on the supported list. So, I am a bit confused. Any ideas?

Here are the specs:

Model: Custom
M/B: ASUSTeK Computer INC. - M5A97
CPU: AMD Phenom™ II X6 1055T @ 2800
HVM: Enabled
IOMMU: Disabled
Cache: 768 kB, 3072 kB, 6144 kB
Memory: 16 GB Multi-bit ECC (max. installable capacity 32 GB)

Without a diagnostics zip file to confirm, my best guess is that you have a marvell based disk controller in the system. Remove or disable that and see if it will boot with IOMMU enabled. I'm also a little confused by your statement about setting IOMMU to 64MB. I wasn't aware IOMMU reserved memory was configurable.

On 7/12/2018 at 2:38 AM, Syber said:

AMD Phenom™ II X6 1055T

Whether or not its your problem or not, a CPU of that age / era (2010) (and the associated motherboard) is unlikely to properly support IOMMU / VT-d anyways.  Even if you get it going, you'll probably wind up with weird little problems including random reboots etc when passing through devices.