unRAID with CouchPotato

NAS

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After using couch potato I can see it still needs some features. I love the user interface! *hint hint unraid 5* The thing is, you can set the quality you want but not the file size. I don't have a very large download bandwidth so I usually have to make a tradeoff somewhere. I usually download 720p movies but look for a filesize of around 4Gb. When I select a 720p movie in CP it looks like it brings down the first one found which is 8Gb. The user has no way of specifying a file size range.

Are there any unRaid installation instructions for couchpotato yet?

I did hear that there are bugs or lack of features that keep it from being awesome, though it has potential.  Some of the things being downloading the highest quality available up until the one you set (720p for example)  but I do wish you could specify if you want the top to be 720p BRRip, or as mentioned a max of 6GB to avoid the 8gb 720p files.

Without release group ban and want list in theory this tool is probably less useful.

Taking a stab in the dark without some group prioritization means you will get alot of tat.

Sickbeard is useful as it tracks series. Is it really that much of a hardship to do movies individually. It snot like it checking 20 sites at best its checking 2.

Early days perhaps but I cant see it

Are there any unRaid installation instructions for couchpotato yet?

I did hear that there are bugs or lack of features that keep it from being awesome, though it has potential.  Some of the things being downloading the highest quality available up until the one you set (720p for example)  but I do wish you could specify if you want the top to be 720p BRRip, or as mentioned a max of 6GB to avoid the 8gb 720p files.

The installation is straightforward: untar the source to you flash drive/user share/cache drive in the same directory as Sabnzbd and SickBeard. Have the dependencies installed from the sabnzbd thread. Then you can manually launch it by typing nohup python/pathtofolder/CouchPotato/CouchPotato.py -d &

Add this line to your go file as well if you want it to boot together with the server. Couchpotato is available at http://localhost:5000.

We should give CP time to mature. As it has being said, a language filter would really be useful, there are a lot of german releases I don't want. Another feature would be the inclusion of subtitles. It also misses SickBeard's feature to replace a movie by a higher quality should one be released. Very handy to replace your dvd collection for instance. As for choosing the scene release, I would like CP to present me with a choice of releases in the quality, language and subtitles I want. This would be a killing feature for me. As I said CP needs more time, Ruudburger is very actively developing this.

ok, I extracted the files to my cache drive and then I ran

nohup python /mnt/cache/.custom/couchpotato/CouchPotato.py -d &

it then said the following:

[1] 6709

root@Tower:/mnt/cache/.custom# nohup: ignoring input and appending output to `nohup.out'

But nothing came up, now when i go to tower:5000 it does not pull up, obviously Idont want to do localhost:5000 because I am not using the unraid server as my web browsing computer.  Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to manually edit some config or settings to change the port?

ok, I extracted the files to my cache drive and then I ran

nohup python /mnt/cache/.custom/couchpotato/CouchPotato.py -d &

it then said the following:

[1] 6709

root@Tower:/mnt/cache/.custom# nohup: ignoring input and appending output to `nohup.out'

But nothing came up, now when i go to tower:5000 it does not pull up, obviously Idont want to do localhost:5000 because I am not using the unraid server as my web browsing computer.  Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to manually edit some config or settings to change the port?

What does the [1] 6709 mean when it show this on the cosnole when using the nohup command? I noticed this now because since yesterday sickbeard won't start up any more using nohup and run in daemon. I have been using it for the past two weeks without problems. I see sickbeard also outputs [1] xxxx and it doesn't start up anymore. Did you manage to get CP running?

Anybody care to shed some light on the [1] 6709? Is that the process number or something?

What does the [1] 6709 mean when it show this on the cosnole when using the nohup command?

The 1 is the local job id given to the task, and the 6709 is the process id.

Could I use these values to understand why it kills the program before it is even running?

Probably not.  You would look in the nohup.out file it creates for anything it writes to its output.
  • 3 weeks later...

Has anyone had luck getting CP to run successfully on Unraid?  I tried following the instructions on the first page of this post and I continue to get an error:

root@venice:/mnt/cache/.custom/CouchPotato# nohup: ignoring input and appending

output to `nohup.out'

It seems to hang and never creates the config file.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

While it has its downsides, my wife is able to use it herself.  It definitely has SickBeard beat in terms of looking friendly.  I can't get her to use SickBeard. 

I am running it on Unraid with no problems and I just started playing with Unraid last Thursday.

All you need to do is:

python /mnt/cache/.CouchPotato/CouchPotato.py -d

The -d runs it as a daemon so no need for nohup, &, or anything like that.

While it has its downsides, my wife is able to use it.  I am running it on Unraid with no problems.

All you need to do is:

python /mnt/cache/.CouchPotato/CouchPotato.py -d

The -d runs it as a daemon so no need for nohup, &, or anything like that.

Here's what I get when I try to run it that way:

root@venice:/mnt/cache/.custom/CouchPotato# python /mnt/cache/.custom/CouchPotat

o/CouchPotato.py -d

/mnt/cache/.custom/CouchPotato/app/config/configApp.py:114: Warning: 'with' will

become a reserved keyword in Python 2.6

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/mnt/cache/.custom/CouchPotato/CouchPotato.py", line 37, in <module>

from app.config.configApp import configApp

File "/mnt/cache/.custom/CouchPotato/app/config/configApp.py", line 114

with open(self.file, 'wb') as configfile:

^

SyntaxError: invalid syntax