unRAID with CouchPotato

NAS

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How and when did you download CouchPotato?

I downloaded the source tar file last night from Github.  I basically extracted it onto my cache drive and tried running it from there.  Is there something else that I need to do?  It seems to have created the file structure.  Permissions issue perhaps?

That should be current then.  It looks like you are running Python 2.6 but do the following on your unraid box to find out the exact version:

python

exit() will bring you back to the standard prompt.  Mine says this:

Python 2.6.5 (r265:79063, Jul 24 2010, 21:39:31)

I did install Sabnzbd and Sickbeard first.  Do you have the SABnzbdDependencies-2.0-i486-unRAID.tgz package installed?

That should be current then.  It looks like you are running Python 2.6 but do the following on your unraid box to find out the exact version:

python

exit() will bring you back to the standard prompt.  Mine says this:

Python 2.6.5 (r265:79063, Jul 24 2010, 21:39:31)

I did install Sabnzbd and Sickbeard first.  Do you have the SABnzbdDependencies-2.0-i486-unRAID.tgz package installed?

Hmm, python says 2.5.2 r252:60911

I just looked at the dependencies package that I installed and it's only version 1.3.  I will try and update that now.

im having a problem with CP and running out of memory.

im running the sabnzbd dependencies from this post here, http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=2903.msg30274#msg30274

and starting CP using this line here

python /mnt/disk1/.custom/couchpotato/CouchPotato.py -d

and it keeps dropping connection on me

here is my syslog.  http://flomaster.pastebin.com/m8cjEqCq

-=Jason=-

syslog-2010-10-13-1539.txt

well now i need to check if I can run on the free version  1 parity, and 2 data and 1 cache drive that resides outside of the protected raid array.

-=Jason=-

The cache drive feature of unRAID is not available on the free (3 disk) version.

You can have a disk outside of the protected array on any version, you'll need to set everything up yourself to partition it, format it, and share it.

If you use the pre-clear script to clear a drive you can then use the disk-management screen in unMENU to perform all those other tasks of formatting it, mounting it and sharing it on the LAN.

Eventually, I would like to move everything to an outside "scratch" disk but until I get some more drives it's going to reside on my cache drive.  I think that's the preferable way to do things and you won't have to worry about CouchPotato's logging keeping the Unraid array from stopping.

Eventually, I would like to move everything to an outside "scratch" disk but until I get some more drives it's going to reside on my cache drive.  I think that's the preferable way to do things and you won't have to worry about CouchPotato's logging keeping the Unraid array from stopping.

Actually, the unRAID array will not stop if it cannot unmount the cache drive.

Sorry for the bad news.

You can partition the cache drive manually though to have multiple partitions, the first will be used for the cache drive.  The others you can use as you desire.  You can have a "scratch" partition and a "swap" partition if you desire.  Then as long as the cache drive can be un-mounted, the array can be stopped.

How much memory do you have and what else, if anything, are you running?

I have one kingston value ram 2GB low profile ddr2 800

I have  Sickbeard and SABnzbd set to start in the go script it when I start Couch Potato that all hell breaks loose.

even just starting the  SAB install package to get python running plus CouchPotato will reek havoc on my system.

I have increased my cache pressure to 200 (see this post here with syslog attached)

I have not setup a cache partition on either of my 2 disks I need help with that if its going to help me out.

-=jason=-

Hmmm...That should be plenty of RAM.  How are you starting CouchPotato?  I start it in my GO script like so...

#SABnzbd
installpkg /boot/packages/SABnzbdDependencies-2.0-i486-unRAID.tgz
python /mnt/cache/.apps/SABnzbd-0.5.4/SABnzbd.py -d -s 192.168.1.112:4747 -f /boot/apps/SABnzbd-0.5.4/sabnzbd.ini

#SickBeard
nohup python /mnt/cache/.Sick-Beard/SickBeard.py > foo.out 2> foo.err < /dev/null &

#CouchPotato
python /mnt/cache/.CouchPotato/CouchPotato.py -d

Hmmm...That should be plenty of RAM.  How are you starting CouchPotato?  I start it in my GO script like so...

#SABnzbd
installpkg /boot/packages/SABnzbdDependencies-2.0-i486-unRAID.tgz
python /mnt/cache/.apps/SABnzbd-0.5.4/SABnzbd.py -d -s 192.168.1.112:4747 -f /boot/apps/SABnzbd-0.5.4/sabnzbd.ini

#SickBeard
nohup python /mnt/cache/.Sick-Beard/SickBeard.py > foo.out 2> foo.err < /dev/null &

#CouchPotato
python /mnt/cache/.CouchPotato/CouchPotato.py -d

It might have a memory leak...  after running for a while it is all allocated and you run out.

It might have a memory leak...  after running for a while it is all allocated and you run out.

With the nature of apps like SickBeard and CP it certainly wouldn't surprise me but I have not run into the same issues and I have been running all 3 apps from boot continuously without any similar issues.  But I have definitely gone 8 days without incident with the same amount of RAM.  That being said I would bet money that both CP and SickBeard each have at least some memory leaks.

here is my go script

#!/bin/bash
# Start the Management Utility
/usr/local/sbin/emhttp &
/boot/config/snap/snap.sh -b

#start unMENU
/boot/unmenu/uu

# Install Nano
installpkg /boot/packages/nano-2.2.4-i486-unRAID.txz

#Start SABnzbd
installpkg /boot/custom/SABnzbdDependencies-2.0rc-i486-unRAID.tgz
python /mnt/disk1/.custom/sabnzbd/SABnzbd.py -d -s 192.168.2.10:88

#Start SickBeard
nohup python /mnt/disk1/.custom/sickbeard/SickBeard.py &

#Start CouchPotato
#python /mnt/disk1/.custom/couchpotato/CouchPotato.py -d

-=Jason=-

here is my go script

#!/bin/bash
# Start the Management Utility
/usr/local/sbin/emhttp &
/boot/config/snap/snap.sh -b

#start unMENU
/boot/unmenu/uu

# Install Nano
installpkg /boot/packages/nano-2.2.4-i486-unRAID.txz

#Start SABnzbd
installpkg /boot/custom/SABnzbdDependencies-2.0rc-i486-unRAID.tgz
python /mnt/disk1/.custom/sabnzbd/SABnzbd.py -d -s 192.168.2.10:88

#Start SickBeard
nohup python /mnt/disk1/.custom/sickbeard/SickBeard.py &

#Start CouchPotato
#python /mnt/disk1/.custom/couchpotato/CouchPotato.py -d

-=Jason=-

I would strongly suggest you put a "sleep 30" command in there before invoking the python commands.  That will at least give the file systems time to get mounted.  Otherwise, they might not yet be in place when your add-on programs go looking for them and Sickbeard, etc will fail.

Joe L.

I just thought I would throw my 2 cents in. I am running SickBeard & SABnzbd on my unraid and love how well it works. I then just have CP on my laptop and point it at SABnzbd on the unraid system, this works very well. Whenever I am home I have CP on my laptop running and it loads the new movies into my unraid SAB.