Overall slow performance / gui not working correctly

cogliostro

Hi guys, i have some issues with my unraid server. The unraid version is 6.6.4 stable release.

My issues are.

- Slow Gui in where the Apps Dashboard complete disappear. 

- From time to time,  No Connection to the Gui Possible because of (ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED)

- Overall slow Copy and Writing speed (i think this has to do with my 9650se Raid Controller, i ordered 3 new HBA Cards (M1015))

- Internal copy and writing speed are changeing from 30 mb/s to 5 mb/s i mean its SATA II but really must this be so bad ? (Turbo Write is ON)

- Starting the Array will Take around 10 - 15 Minutes.

- Stopping the Array will Take around 10 - 15 Minutes. 

- Reboot the Server is not possible it will not reboot.

- Shutdown the Server will take around 30 minutes. 

- Network transfer speeds 40 mb/s (was 110 mb/s) before i added 8 more Drives.

- Pre-Clear operation had 30 mb/s per Drive to clear it (i mean ok its SATA II)

- 'Array Starting Services' will take around forever ... / hanging on starting services...

- Clicking on 'Apps' on the Dashboard will Bring you to the 'Updating Content' Screen and then it stucks there.  

Hardware Specs are:

Model: SC846

M/B: Supermicro - X8DT3

CPU: Intel® Xeon® CPU L5640 @ 2.27GHz (Dual Socket)

HVM: Enabled

IOMMU: Disabled

Cache: 384 kB, 1536 kB, 12288 kB

Memory: 32 GB Multi-bit ECC (max. installable capacity 384 GB)

Network: bond0: IEEE 802.3ad Dynamic link aggregation, mtu 1500 
 eth0: 1000 Mb/s, full duplex, mtu 1500 
 eth1: 1000 Mb/s, full duplex, mtu 1500

I mean wtf this hardware can't be so bad that i have such slow speeds. 

I have overall 18 Drives in this Machine, the Drives are working in the 'Single Disk' Mode and are still operated by the Raid Controller (9650SE) so i ordered 3x M1015 Cards. So i will have to safe my files and after the exchange of the Raid Controller i will have to add them later on. So im glad i have just startet to creating this Server and only 4 TB of the 36 TB are in use. 

- 2 SanDisk Ultra II 480 GB SATA SSD Drives for the Cache ( Raid 0, direct atteched to the Mainboard)

- 2 WD Red 3 TB Parity drives ( one is direct atteched to SATA 3 Port of the Mainboard, one is on the old Raid Controller (SATAII))

- 12 HGST 3 TB 7200 rpm Enterprise Drives. (Theyr all on the Raid Controller)

Also i have the feeling my USB Stick is probably failing. i have the SanDisk Cruzer Fit (32 GB USB 2.0) so i have no clue what i have done to the System and why it feels overall so slow. Everything that goes away from my two SSDs feels like old machine from 2005. I mean i know Socket x58 is not that new anymore but c'mon 24 Cores Xeon with 32 gigs of Ramm must perform way better than what i have now. 

If you have any tips for me. Please share, it's really starting to getting frustrated. 

Also i looked for new USB Drive maybe this is the issue. All i could find on Limetech Page are sticks recommended that are oldskool as f***. Can't you just update that recommendation please ? 

EDIT: Diagnostic files added

supermicro-diagnostics-20181110-1927.zip

EDIT2: Just updated to 6.6.5 problems persists.

I now saved my files. I think tstor is correct. The 9650se is probably good for a few drives. But as soon that you start adding drives. The performance drops down like hell. The 12 drives have a total speed of 7mb/s per drive. I use “Most-free” for my shares. Changing the file system for hdd from Btrfs to xfs doesn’t make any improvements. So I think the controller is really the bottleneck here.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Archived