(Solved) Need advice on disk errors

surfshack66

Disk 1 is showing recent read errors and has pending sectors and already has a few reallocated sectors. It seems to have been giving read errors even when only a few hours old. I would have sent it back under warranty then as a dud. Maybe it was damaged in transit. You need to replace it because with single parity this disk will compromise your ability to rebuild if another drive fails. It's probably still covered by warranty, being a Gold, but you'll likely get a refurbished drive as a replacement whereas if you'd returned it to the vendor when new you would have been given a brand new replacement.

Your cache drive just looks as though it's showing the signs of wear that you'd expect in a four year old SSD, though I don't pretend to understand SMART reports from SSDs so well. I'd acknowledge the errors in the Dashboard page and keep an eye on it.

1 hour ago, surfshack66 said:

I've attached the Smart attributes of each drive as well as diagnostics.

For future reference, diagnostics already includes SMART for all attached disks (as well as your syslog), so no need to post them separately.

I encourage you to take a look at diagnostics sometime. It is just folders of text files and you can probably understand some of it.

16 minutes ago, trurl said:

For future reference, diagnostics already includes SMART for all attached disks (as well as your syslog), so no need to post them separately.

I encourage you to take a look at diagnostics sometime. It is just folders of text files and you can probably understand some of it.

I figured it was included. Just added the screenshots for convenience.

I took a look at the diagnostics. I do understand some of it, but glad to receive input from more experienced users too.

• surfshack66 changed the title to (Solved) Need advice on disk errors

Archived