[SOLVED] Connection to key-server

wmtorres

Hello! I have just built a system that I intend to set up as an unRaid server. I have never set up a server and I still have a lot to learn about network systems and configurations. With that in mind, please bear with me.

I set up the bootable USB using the software from the website. I am able to connect to the system by entering my IPv4 address in to my web browser. Here's where my issues begin...

Upon logging in, I selected "Start Free Trial" from the registration page. It then gave me a big green check mark (success) notifying me that my trial had been started. Now, however, I am getting the following error: "Cannot connect to key-server! Your Trial key requires an internet connection. Please check your Network Settings." I have attached a screen shot of this.

I have searched on the forum and tried setting a static IP address. Either I didn't do that correctly, or that didn't work. I do believe that my router is set up correctly and that my system is connected properly.

Please help!

screenshot.PNG

I figured out (I think) how to ping between a desktop (on the same network) and the server. From the desktop to the server, there was a 0% loss in data. From what I can assume, that's a good thing. However, from the server to the desktop, it says that the host is unreachable.

I do not have any evidence of that, though I would not even know how to check! My only evidence that anything is working is that I can connect through a web browser on my desktop.

Your server is fine, though you've made changes to the network configuration. The problem is this:

Dec  2 18:22:04 Tower dhcpcd[1839]: br0: carrier acquired
Dec  2 18:22:04 Tower dhcpcd[1839]: br0: soliciting a DHCP lease
Dec  2 18:22:09 Tower dhcpcd[1839]: br0: probing for an IPv4LL address
Dec  2 18:22:14 Tower dhcpcd[1839]: br0: using IPv4LL address 169.254.135.206
Dec  2 18:22:14 Tower dhcpcd[1839]: br0: adding route to 169.254.0.0/16

It's asking for an IP address from your DHCP server (usually a function of your router) and not receiving one. Therefore it's defaulting to a link local (or "zero config") address that will allow a degree of local connectivity but no Internet access.

First, reset your network configuration to the default by changing it back to how you had it in the screenshot you posted in the third message in this thread, then change IPv4 DNS Server Assignment back to Automatic. Click Apply.

Next, you need to investigate why your router isn't handing out IP address leases. What else do you have connected to the Internet via the router? If things have worked until recently, maybe simply re-booting the router will fix it. So do that, then reboot your server see how it is then.

We are good to go!!! Thank you everyone for the help.

The issue is definitely with the router. I use a router provided by my ISP, but I had another router lying around. When I swapped out the routers, I was able to connect to my server and the trial is now active. I will be reaching out to my ISP for a new router.

Archived