New install won't save any setting changes *SOLVED*

SO I just created a new Anniversary Build and booted up unRAID. All looks well and I begin making changes. Notification reminds me to make sure my time zone is accurate. I change it and hit save. Then I know to get a free trial key. I do that and hit save. System notification appears and says to ensure time zone is accurate. I check, and it's back to the original time zone. I see that my registration is still "unregistered" and the trial key is gone! I keep making changes and then go back and check and they're reverted!

After that I tried an earlier release: 6.5.3. Same thing happens where it won't save changes. I'm unregistered and using the same stick, the recommended San_Disk Cruzer Fit 32GB. When I select "Get Trial Key" it asks for my e-mail address. When I type that in, I get the error

"Sorry an error (403) occurred registering USB Flash GUID (my GUID number)
The error is: Cannot renew trial license because your current trial license hasn't expire yet."

So... it seems like somehow it DID save to my drive but unRAID doesn't display it correctly or is somehow still unable to save to the drive? I don't know, it's weird and I'm getting bummed because I bought this drive specifically because I thought I'd have no issue with the unRAID install unlike when I did a trial on a throwaway PC and attempted to use 3 Flash Drives, all of which would not work til I tried the 4th one. Aggravating.

Edited by TBoneStaek
SOLVED

So I had a 32GB Easystore that I had gotten with the 10TB Easystore BestBuy purchase. It's the only other thumbdrive I have lying around that I haven't used. Booted up fine and saves to the flash drive fine. I bought this damn micro Sandisk Cruzer because it was ultra compact and was one of the recommended ones from unRAID. Now I have one of many 32GB thumbdrives I'll never use for anytthing else (doubt I can return it for a full refund already opened) and still no micro sized drove to fit in my rackmount (so I can close the front). ARGH!!!!

I did nothing different prepping this flash drive. In fact, the easystore is a SanDisk and came preloaded with SanDisk software, exactly like my Cruzer. I have one more idea. a complete (instead of quick format) of the Cruzer to try to get it to work.

4 hours ago, trurl said:

Did you try a different USB port, preferably USB2? If you still have trouble go to Tools - Diagnostics and attach the complete diagnostics zip to your next post.

Yes, that was actually the very next thing I tried (it only has two USB ports in the back. Tried both. Then I tried a full format of the Sandisk Cruzer. Same issue, won't save. I ran the diagnostics tool and I'm attaching:

tower-diagnostics-20181204-2053.zip

Those diagnostics are showing all sorts of errors on the USB stick.   They are also incomplete as many files that are normally included in the diagnostics are missing.     Since you have tried alternative USB ports then it sounds as if the USB stick may well be failing so do you have a different one you can use?

1 minute ago, itimpi said:

Those diagnostics are showing all sorts of errors on the USB stick.   They are also incomplete as many files that are normally included in the diagnostics are missing.     Since you have tried alternative USB ports then it sounds as if the USB stick may well be failing so do you have a different one you can use?

I've used an Easystore Flash Drive and it's working but it's not the Flash Drive that I wanted to use. The Sandisk is new, guess I'm going to RMA it. That's aggravating as I can't get my machine up and running until then (Guess I can PreClear some drives with the Easystore Drive awhile.