Parity Errors

MxFox

Hi Guys,

Wondering if someone is able to assist me..

I recently upgraded my parity drive from a 2TB to a 4TB with no issues, I pre-clear the drive swapped it over and all has been good for about 2 weeks..

I have since then replaced a 2TB data drive with a 4TB  Drive, did the pre-clear with no issue. replaced it following the correct procedure and all was getting rebuilt nicely yesterday..

I have now woken up to parity check errors.. i do have my parity set to run every Sunday at 12pm..

Now i dont know if the rebuild of the drive was completed and now this has caused a conflict of some sort, so i have rebooted the server and did another parity check and unfortunately still getting errors. 

I have uploaded the logs if anyone is able to point me in the right direction i will really appreciate it.. normally i just swap the drives out  when i get these errors as the 2Tb data drives are fairly old but these are new drives not even a month old..

I found this is the syslog..

Dec 30 17:31:56 Tower kernel: md: disk0 read error, sector=7764197376
Dec 30 17:31:56 Tower kernel: md: disk0 read error, sector=7764197384
Dec 30 17:31:56 Tower kernel: md: disk0 read error, sector=7764197392
Dec 30 17:31:56 Tower kernel: md: disk0 read error, sector=7764197400
Dec 30 17:31:56 Tower kernel: md: disk0 read error, sector=7764197408
Dec 30 17:31:56 Tower kernel: md: disk0 read error, sector=7764197416

Thanks in advance..

tower-diagnostics-20181230-1836.zip

Edited by MxFox
6 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

Parity check was no correct, so sync errors will remain, run a correcting check, then run a non correcting, there should be no more errors on the last one.

Thanks for the reply, I did run the parity again with correcting checks and it did come back with errors which are the logs attached, must i re-run and unchecked correcting check ?

5 minutes ago, trurl said:

Parity disk has some SMART issues. Was this really a new disk? Do you not have warning indicators on the dashboard for parity?

thanks for the reply, yeah just under a month old... no i dont have any warning only errors now after the parity check was run...image.png.bac56eebd0e005f2416c66556103fc01.png

9 minutes ago, MxFox said:

thanks for the reply, yeah just under a month old... no i dont have any warning only errors now after the parity check was run...image.png.bac56eebd0e005f2416c66556103fc01.png

No, I was referring to the Dashboard page. Take a look there.

And you must not have Notifications setup or you would have been getting those as well. You MUST setup Notifications so Unraid can alert you by email or other agent immediately when it detects a problem. People who don't get notified when they get a problem are the people who wind up with multiple problems they can't recover from.

11 minutes ago, trurl said:

No, I was referring to the Dashboard page. Take a look there.

And you must not have Notifications setup or you would have been getting those as well. You MUST setup Notifications so Unraid can alert you by email or other agent immediately when it detects a problem. People who don't get notified when they get a problem are the people who wind up with multiple problems they can't recover from.

Sorry missed understood, but yes i do have notification set and i do get mails when there are issues and im normally on top of them 100%.. 

but with regards to this issue, i did not have any issue until the parity check last night, there were no warnings and i was not notified of any issues everything was green and healthy before i went to bed..

But the next morning i saw this

image.png.2aa1395b36f5343e263bcc79b119ecb5.png

image.thumb.png.b719e91127f515da51c4eb9aa76b48fa.png

what i would like to understand from this, was this issue cause by the rebuild of my new data drive and then the parity check started before the rebuild was finished and has cause a conflict somehow or is my new disk just faulty and why all of a sudden ?

thanks...

image.png

Edited by MxFox