Adding Shares not Registering

OhH3llo

I have Unraid version 6.6.5 on a 4 disk array with single parity. I have recently revamped my setup by replacing old drives, and Reset the entire array. since then i am unable create a share without clicking "add share" at least three times. A share does eventually register and does stay and is visible in my SMB. When in my WIN10 image. almost everything takes 3 tries to register i.e "mapped drive is not located". But if retried 2 more times, it works. Same when transferring files to a share or mapped drive. a popup will come up intermittently (usually only when transferring folders) that says "permission needed to perform action" , click "try again" 3 times, folder goes through just fine.

Ive tried using different browsers and PC's to have the same thing happen across all platforms.

I have had Unraid on the same thumb drive for the last 4 years (only performing updates). have recently added a few plug ins, Com applications, dynamix sys temp, fix common problems, nerd tools.

Is this a common problem with an array reset? Did i do something wrong with the reset? I am a noob to linux based os.

1 minute ago, trurl said:

Really sounds more like a mouse problem the way you described it. 

Would that be the case for 3 pc's with different mice.

Also, it may not be a clicking issue i believe if i spam click "Try Again" when transferring files it consistently work every 3rd click. And the clicks not registering issue never comes up outside of unraid

22 hours ago, Squid said:

Future reference, just post the zip file

But, you've got to Check Disk File System  on disk #1

Dec 31 09:10:24 Tower kernel: XFS (md1): metadata I/O error in "xfs_trans_read_buf_map" at daddr 0x575428e8 len 8 error 117

Followed the instruction for how to repair and XFS file system, found errors, fixed the errors. Now its ALL GOOD. Shares now register and are properly visible.

Thanks soo much @Squid. I owe you a beer

Archived