Jump to content
Jobine

Disk2 and 3 read errors

33 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

For the moment, I don't have an error on the disk2.

 

The disk2 is still guaranteed ... at worst when I receive the new, I will install a second parity. 🤗

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Jobine said:

For the moment, I don't have an error on the disk2.

No because the disk was rebuilt, but the rebuild is corrupt because of the errors on disk3.

Share this post


Link to post

I looked and the data is not critical, when there will be error, I have backups

 

How can i erase all the disk2 before sending them?

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Jobine said:

How can i erase all the disk2 before sending them?

If you mean how to quickly delete all data on a disk you can format it by changing its the filesystem with the array stopped.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, johnnie.black said:

If you mean how to quickly delete all data on a disk you can format it by changing its the filesystem with the array stopped.

However, if you are concerned about releasing a disk with your data on it, formatting won't prevent someone from recovering some of your data. Preclear has an erase mode that should help with this.

Share this post


Link to post

Disk 3 being rebuilt...

In my server, the hard drives are installed one on the side and upside down. The disk2 and 3 are upside down.

Is this why they are broken?

They should be able to operate on one side or the other, right?

 

The date of disk2 is August 2016, and the disk3 is March 2017...

 

Thank,

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Jobine said:

They should be able to operate on one side or the other, right?

Yes

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now