Shares not excluding disks?

Fiala06

I've set up multiple shares and told them to exclude disk 2, as I want to use disk 2 exclusively for torrents. Don't care about it not being backed up and figured it would give it better speeds and not have to sping up all the other disks later on.

Anyways I'm still migrating data to my new server, (this is my first unraid box) and browed the disk as I seen there was way more space being utilized then there should be.  

What did I do wrong?

My array and cache drives so far:

image.thumb.png.b55693561c965bc88fefcec06d320e3a.png

rutorrent dive set to ONLY include disk 2:

image.png.0ed6a4de0d9875fb1d8543f254bcc8de.png

Browsing I can see lots of other stuff on disk 2:

image.png.39611aa7b381eb2d70891134634c6ffc.png

I've told all those shares to exclude disk 2 so not sure why they are there:

image.png.d295111853f011b1b74e459713f248b9.png

UnRAID never moves files between array disks.     When you tell UnRAID to exclude disk2 for a share you are telling it not to use disk2 for writing new files.   However any files that are already present are still used for read purposes.   You will need to manually move files you think should not be there to another disk..    

That's good to know. I found unbalance plugin which I'll use to move files

So hopefully you can help me out with my next issue :)

So started transferring my movies before I went to bed. Woke up to no enough free space. Everything is trying to go on that single disk I've told to exclude. Why is it not transferring files to the next disk if its full?

image.png.b01ee0a9cfef10bc542e547d09e9e072.png

The is will be because Split Level over-rides allocation method when selecting a disk in the event of conflict.     You will either need to relax the split level, or move files off the full disk if you want to keep the split level you have set.

I must admit I have no idea quite what happens when/if the Split level tries to force files to a disk that has been excluded!   I can well see this being an edge case that has not been catered for.

37 minutes ago, itimpi said:

I must admit I have no idea quite what happens when/if the Split level tries to force files to a disk that has been excluded!   I can well see this being an edge case that has not been catered for.

If I had to guess, it probably checks where split level says the file should go before it bothers with checking any of the other settings. So it doesn't need to decide what disk to use in this case, and include/exclude is ignored just like allocation method and minimum free are when split level has already made the decision.

If it were cache-yes then that would just postpone the decision until mover is invoked, but with the same result unless split level were changed before mover happened.