stuck at Updating Content - Retrieving the latest application lists

kinaley

Hello All

New to unRAID,

Installed the latest version of unRAID.

There was no APP tab so installed the app plugin.

APP Tab appeared but when i click on APP it shows "Upating Content" and stays there for ever.

What i had tried so far are

1) Rebooting the system 

2) Unintall and re-install the App package

both didn't helped.

Thanks

updating-Content.JPG

I'm really sorry for posting on the wrong section This forum for me is like driving in a new city, whole lot of topics and sections so got lost "Sorry again".

I had searched the forum couldn't find may be my bad searching skills one of it said he rebooted and it was fixed.

It was a dns issue this helped me  (really I was hoping to find the root cause from unRAID's community)

11 hours ago, kinaley said:

I'm really sorry for posting on the wrong section This forum for me is like driving in a new city, whole lot of topics and sections so got lost "Sorry again".

I had searched the forum couldn't find may be my bad searching skills one of it said he rebooted and it was fixed.

It was a dns issue this helped me  (really I was hoping to find the root cause from unRAID's community)

Sorry I wasn't more helpful. It's just that I had a recent issue with the forum software when I tried to merge some threads. So I didn't try it with yours.

If you had gone to that support thread you likely would have gotten the help you wanted and you would have seen a number of posts recommending fixing your DNS. I would have suggested that myself except there have been some recent issues where that wasn't the fix so I thought it better if you went to the official thread.

4 hours ago, trurl said:

Anyway, glad you got it fixed, and don't hesitate to ask on the forum again if you have other problems. We really are a helpful and friendly community. The forum and the great people here are why I chose Unraid years ago.

helpful and friendly community that was number one reason and the other reason was i didn't liked was ZFS. So even if i had to pay for the software. I have decided to go with unRAID instead of FreeNAS which I used back in 2006 on Intel Pentium III Computer Just was a NAS.

Regarding my problem I am clueless either it was Firefox or DNS. May be PfblockerNG was messing may be the updated FF, for now the DNS is manually set to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and it's working.

Thanks trul, I definitely will ask in the proper section now 🙂

Archived