All shares showing some or all files unprotected

Hey folks,

I noticed yesterday all of my shares have the orange triangle indicating all or some shares are unprotected. I invoked the mover manually as well as waited overnight for it to automatically do it. I also checked the parity drive and got no errors:

Last check completed on Sun 31 Mar 2019 06:46:12 AM PDT (today), finding 0 errors. 
Duration: 9 hours, 10 minutes, 50 seconds. Average speed: 90.8 MB/sec

I'm sure it's got to be a setting, I just don't know where. I recently installed the Unassigned Devices plugin for a flashdrive that I wanted to format as EXT4 (for the dropbox app), but I really didn't mess with any settings when I did that. 

Any help would be great. I've attached my diagnostics. Thank you!

tower-diagnostics-20190331-0845.zip

Edited by LakersFan
  • 3 months later...
5 hours ago, Toobie said:

Can I refresh this task?

I have the same warning on some of my shares.

At least 5 of 13 - Screenshot attached.

Is this okay so or do I have to change something in my settings?

Regards Tobi

Bildschirmfoto 2019-07-08 um 10.00.08.png

Is it possible that those shares are configured to be on the cache drive?

Do you have a single cache drive or a cache pool ?

5 hours ago, Kevek79 said:

Is it possible that those shares are configured to be on the cache drive?

Do you have a single cache drive or a cache pool ?

Yes. Single Cache Drive

Appdata - Cache Prefer

Backup - Cache Prefer

domains - Cache Prefer

system - Cache Prefer

Xiaomi.Dafang - Cache Yes

7 minutes ago, Toobie said:

Yes. Single Cache Drive

Appdata - Cache Prefer

Backup - Cache Prefer

domains - Cache Prefer

system - Cache Prefer

Xiaomi.Dafang - Cache Yes

With those settings I would expect all of those shares except the last to show orange as they are on the cache drive which being a single drive has no redundancy.    It is quite normal to have those shares on the cache drive for performance reasons and then periodically back up any important files to somewhere on the array.

the last one would be because you have written files to it since mover last ran.    When mover runs any files for that share on the cache (assuming they are not open in an app) will be moved to the array and the icon change to green.

48 minutes ago, itimpi said:

With those settings I would expect all of those shares except the last to show orange as they are on the cache drive which being a single drive has no redundancy.    It is quite normal to have those shares on the cache drive for performance reasons and then periodically back up any important files to somewhere on the array.

the last one would be because you have written files to it since mover last ran.    When mover runs any files for that share on the cache (assuming they are not open in an app) will be moved to the array and the icon change to green.

Got it - thank you!

• 10 months later...

I I have recently been seeing this issue as well, I replaced my parity disk and rebuilt one share is still showing as unprotected...cache is set to yes, but I ran mover before the parity sync...

image.thumb.png.9c8e8af4e9332e631197aa519b097f8c.png

I also recently installed the Unassigned Devices plugin to move files around and do a FS conversion (though I have not started moving anything yet...was waiting until after I have a valid parity).

any thoughts?